+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

i am confuse help me about my occupation category plzzzzzzzz

muddi1981

May 21, 2009
i am working as an assistant manager quality control in food manufacturing industry. we have more than 250 range of products including beverages, ready to eat meals, and so many other stuff. i previosuly choosen manufacturing manager for my occupation but its it is not listed in the category of 38 occupation. now i have choosen resturant and food service manager with NOC 0631 which has similiar main duties as what i am doing presently. but what i am confuse is for that does food service manager applies to me as i am working in an in manufacturing unit not in any resturant or hotel. but my main duties matches with the food service manager. what does food service menger mean nd does it applies in my case? kindly help me

Sohel09

Star Member
Apr 18, 2009
Dhaka
Category........
Visa Office......
Singapore (Processed in BIQ Hong Kong)
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
31-07-2006 for Québec and 13-08-2008 for Federal
Doc's Request.
25-08-2006 for Federal
Nomination.....
07-10-2008
AOR Received.
14-08-2008 as per CSQ received on 28-05-2008
IELTS Request
Waived
File Transfer...
None
Med's Request
25-08-2008
Med's Done....
23-09-2008
Interview........
21-06-2007 in BIQ Hong Kong Waived for Singapore
Passport Req..
23-06-2009
VISA ISSUED...
24-07-2009
LANDED..........
10-09-2009
Hello muddi1981;

Did you try to find whether there is any description of NOC0631? Well, would you mind to check the following link to get a clue?

http://www.cic.gc.ca/english/immigrate/skilled/apply-who-instructions.asp

http://www.cic.gc.ca/english/resources/manuals/op/op06-eng.pdf

Thank you.

juanda78

Star Member
Feb 17, 2009
Canada
Hi muddi1981,

First of all, remember that you are Assistant Manager and not THE Manager, so I don't think that would get you into any of these Noc Codes, unless there is NO Manager above you and you are the only one performing those duties. And second, I don't see how a IO would agree that being Assistant Manager for a Manufacturing industry is the same as Managing a Restaurant. If you previously used Noc Code 0911 Manufacturing Managers, it has nothing to do with Noc Code 0631 Restaurant and Food Service Managers except for a few duties like "•Plan, organize, direct, control and evaluate the operations" and hire staff. I really feel you're stretching the truth too much. Others might think different, I hope this helps you finding a better way to reach your goals.

Regards.

Sohel09

Star Member
Apr 18, 2009
Dhaka
Category........
Visa Office......
Singapore (Processed in BIQ Hong Kong)
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
31-07-2006 for Québec and 13-08-2008 for Federal
Doc's Request.
25-08-2006 for Federal
Nomination.....
07-10-2008
AOR Received.
14-08-2008 as per CSQ received on 28-05-2008
IELTS Request
Waived
File Transfer...
None
Med's Request
25-08-2008
Med's Done....
23-09-2008
Interview........
21-06-2007 in BIQ Hong Kong Waived for Singapore
Passport Req..
23-06-2009
VISA ISSUED...
24-07-2009
LANDED..........
10-09-2009
muddi1981 said:
dear sohail, i didnt find any thing relevant to my question in it. kindly help me
Dear muddi1981;

Sorry to reply you late. Thanks juanda78 for your evaluations.

Well, I do not know but somehow, I am feeling that you must find a good way. Probably, I can understand quite well about how hard people work in "Food Industries".

Well, please click and check the following link;

http://www5.hrsdc.gc.ca/NOC/English/NOC/2006/QuickSearch.aspx?val65=0631

and try to find.. how you can match yourself to the best possible TITLE as there are plenty of options.

Please note that there are also "Classified Sectors" at the bottom of the page. Please read everything very carefully before jumping to a comment. I am very positive that soon you will find cool answers for your hot queries.

All the best of luck!

Leon

VIP Member
Jun 13, 2008
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Just a note about the "classified elsewhere" on the NOC pages.. if he's trying to fit his job duties to 0631, it's because it's on the list or 38. If he finds something classified elsewhere, on the 0631 page but it's not 0631, he can not apply under that NOC code unless it's also on the list of 38.

The list of 38 is here: http://www.cic.gc.ca/english/immigrate/skilled/apply-who-instructions.asp#list

The job title, manager, assistant manager, head house elf, 3rd lord of manufacturing etc. is not important. The job duties are. If you have 1 year experience in the last 10 years in a job that is on the list of 38, you have a shot at applying. If his closest match is 0631, he should try to see if his duties match closely enough to 0631. It's worth a shot, he may be denied but he will get his fees back. At least if he tries, he has a chance of getting approved but if he doesn't try, he will not.

muddi1981

May 21, 2009
thanks all for your help and answering my question. actually in the 0631 NOC i have seen manager, food and beverage service. actually the place where i am working is a manufacturing industry plus we are directly dealing with the bustomers as well. we have some shops in different location around the city and we are selling our products directly to the customers, and also we are providing different services to some of the main cateres and other fast food names as well. so the duties which are mentioned over there in NOC 0631 matches with the one i am doing, its just that i am not performing that in a resturant but in my industry , and also we are making series of juces, squashes,syrups etc etc. and i perform all the duties as i dont have manager over me and there in only my director head and after him i am working under his guidance. as in general i am related to food and beverage sector. but this is what make me confuse that is that NOC0631 is limited to resturants or it applies to me. there is not a single source where one can ask for. and thats why i am thinking to take a chance as i will get ma fees refunded. secondly i also worked as a scientific officer IN A RESEARCH INSTITUTE for about 2.5 years and one suggest me that NOC 4131 as i was engaged in research but i was not intructoring there any one. i was performing my duties and research alone by my self and i am also enrolled in phd with that organisation. although i am not currently doing the research work. so does that applies to me as welll, the reason i am doughtfull about this NOC is because most of the duties dont match with the one i performed, thats y i chosed noc 0631 as all the duties matches with the one i am performing now . kindly help me

Leon

VIP Member
Jun 13, 2008
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
I would say try it. On the NOC page, it says: "Restaurant and food service managers plan, organize, direct, control and evaluate the operations of restaurants, bars, cafeterias and other food and beverage services. They are employed in food and beverage service establishments, or they may be self-employed."