+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

I am a Student in the US. and fiancé is in India and just recieved his COPR.

Penny.0407

Jul 27, 2018
My Fiancé just received his passport with the COPR.(August 2018) I am currently studying in US on a F-1 visa. and still have two more years to go but would like to get married and be able to do may be internship in Canada over the summer and the freedom to travel back n forth if needed.

From what I know our options are

1. Get married before soft landing and add me on his documents for reevaluation of the application.
2. Get married after soft landing and he can either sponsor me inland/outland.

I have a few questions.
1. Are there any other options?
2. If he sponsors me (outland) can both of us fly in and out of Canada until the process is complete?
3. If we opt for getting married before soft landing. What all documents do we need? as we won't be having the wedding until Summer 2019 but we don't mind having a court wedding before that for visa purposes.

KBH

Champion Member
Sep 13, 2017
Toronto, ON
Category........
FAM
Visa Office......
Mississauga
App. Filed.......
August 2nd, 2017
AOR Received.
September 22nd, 2017
File Transfer...
October 7th, 2017
Passport Req..
December 29th, 2017
VISA ISSUED...
January 23rd, 2018
LANDED..........
Feb 1st, 2018
I believe it would be easier for him to go ahead and land, then sponsor you later, once you're ready to get married and move. There isn't any reason to rush it.

Penny.0407

Jul 27, 2018
I believe it would be easier for him to go ahead and land, then sponsor you later, once you're ready to get married and move. There isn't any reason to rush it.
But from what we researched. That process is a lot harder and takes longer and I would like to have the permission to work there by summer 2019.

scylla

VIP Member
Jun 8, 2010
Toronto
Category........
Visa Office......
Buffalo
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
28-05-2010
AOR Received.
19-08-2010
File Transfer...
28-06-2010
Passport Req..
01-10-2010
VISA ISSUED...
05-10-2010
LANDED..........
05-10-2010
My Fiancé just received his passport with the COPR.(August 2018) I am currently studying in US on a F-1 visa. and still have two more years to go but would like to get married and be able to do may be internship in Canada over the summer and the freedom to travel back n forth if needed.

From what I know our options are

1. Get married before soft landing and add me on his documents for reevaluation of the application.
2. Get married after soft landing and he can either sponsor me inland/outland.

I have a few questions.
1. Are there any other options?
2. If he sponsors me (outland) can both of us fly in and out of Canada until the process is complete?
3. If we opt for getting married before soft landing. What all documents do we need? as we won't be having the wedding until Summer 2019 but we don't mind having a court wedding before that for visa purposes.
1. You could apply for PR on your own.
2. Applying outland does not give you the right to fly to Canada. Assuming you are from India, you will need a TRV to travel to Canada. Impossible for any of us to know if it will be approved.
3. The right place to discuss this is the Express Entry section of the forum. There are multiple existing threads there covering this process.

Reactions: Penny.0407

Penny.0407

Jul 27, 2018
1. You could apply for PR on your own.
2. Applying outland does not give you the right to fly to Canada. Assuming you are from India, you will need a TRV to travel to Canada. Impossible for any of us to know if it will be approved.
3. The right place to discuss this is the Express Entry section of the forum. There are multiple existing threads there covering this process.
Thank you