+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

I’m outside of Canada and just got my eCoPR

bosch91

Apr 7, 2023
I’m panicking a little right now and hope someone here can help me.

I got the email inviting me to the PR confirmation portal two weeks ago and quickly completed everything. I live in Ontario and was there at the time so of course I said I’m in Canada.

My partner and I left to visit their parents in the USA on Tuesday and I just got my eCoPR today. Now I’m reading online that I won’t be able to enter Canada again without my PR card even though I’m from a visa exempt country and have a valid eta and post grad work permit. I had no idea you aren’t allowed to travel while waiting for the PR card.

My flight home is on Wednesday so there’s no way I can get a PRTD before then. And tomorrow is a holiday so I won’t be able to reach anyone at the IRCC until Monday. I can’t even find a phone number to call them from outside of Canada.

What do I do? Can I use my eCoPR and passport to get back in? Should I go to the consulate here on Monday? We lease help!

cz999

Feb 1, 2020
NOC Code......
Since you are in the US, one way to come back without PRTD is through land borders. https://www.cic.gc.ca/english/helpcentre/answer.asp?qnum=064&top=10
I know you already booked your flights but that’s probably the safest way to come back. With flights I am not sure, some say the problem is the airline may not allow you to board but I don’t know how true that is. Maybe search and see if there is anyone in the forum who have done it

darshanik

May 2, 2023
I’m panicking a little right now and hope someone here can help me.

I got the email inviting me to the PR confirmation portal two weeks ago and quickly completed everything. I live in Ontario and was there at the time so of course I said I’m in Canada.

My partner and I left to visit their parents in the USA on Tuesday and I just got my eCoPR today. Now I’m reading online that I won’t be able to enter Canada again without my PR card even though I’m from a visa exempt country and have a valid eta and post grad work permit. I had no idea you aren’t allowed to travel while waiting for the PR card.

My flight home is on Wednesday so there’s no way I can get a PRTD before then. And tomorrow is a holiday so I won’t be able to reach anyone at the IRCC until Monday. I can’t even find a phone number to call them from outside of Canada.

What do I do? Can I use my eCoPR and passport to get back in? Should I go to the consulate here on Monday? We lease help!
May I ask for an update on how it went—were you able to fly back okay with the eCoPR? I'm in a very similar situation, with a planned trip next week. Would really appreciate knowing what happened in your case. Thank you!

madhc

Jun 7, 2019
Hello i am in the similar situation can you let me know if u were able to travel back by car