+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

hy guys,

nnv

Jan 7, 2024
my husband applied for his work permit extension in August and got rejected and the reason is Based on your application and the accompanying documentation that you have provided, I have carefully considered all information and I am not satisfied that you meet the requirements of the Immigration and Refugee Protection Act and Regulations. Your application as requested is therefore refused. You have not provided sufficient evidence to prove that your spouse is employed in a high-skilled occupation (TEER 0, 1,2, or 3) or a low-skilled occupation (TEER 4 or 5). You may be eligible to re-apply for a work permit if you can provide proof that your spouse is a skilled worker in Canada, which may include a letter from your spouse’s employer, stating his/her job title, duties, and salary. If you cannot prove that your spouse is in a skilled occupation, your application for a work permit cannot be approved without a Labour Market Impact Assessment from Employment and Social Development Canada.

i am on maternity leave and i do not know what to mention in a new job letter because I am not currently working.

Naturgrl

VIP Member
Apr 5, 2020
my husband applied for his work permit extension in August and got rejected and the reason is Based on your application and the accompanying documentation that you have provided, I have carefully considered all information and I am not satisfied that you meet the requirements of the Immigration and Refugee Protection Act and Regulations. Your application as requested is therefore refused. You have not provided sufficient evidence to prove that your spouse is employed in a high-skilled occupation (TEER 0, 1,2, or 3) or a low-skilled occupation (TEER 4 or 5). You may be eligible to re-apply for a work permit if you can provide proof that your spouse is a skilled worker in Canada, which may include a letter from your spouse’s employer, stating his/her job title, duties, and salary. If you cannot prove that your spouse is in a skilled occupation, your application for a work permit cannot be approved without a Labour Market Impact Assessment from Employment and Social Development Canada.

i am on maternity leave and i do not know what to mention in a new job letter because I am not currently working.
Is his work permit based on yours - PGWP or closed work permit? If so, you need a job for your husband’s work permit to be approved. Mat leave doesn’t count as employment. Once you return to work, reapply showing job letter and at least 3 paystubs. Assume your husband stopped working.

Last edited:

Ericoslala

Apr 15, 2024
We applied yesterday and got work permit approval today
Hello, pls can you explain how you applied….I am also in the same situation? Did you submit your job letter? Were you still on Mat leave when it got approved?

Thanks

nnv

Jan 7, 2024
Yes I was on maternity leave. I just submit a job letter in which I mentioned about my position and salary. I also mentioned that I will return to work on this date and I am a full time worker and will join after this date

Ericoslala

Apr 15, 2024
Yes I was on maternity leave. I just submit a job letter in which I mentioned about my position and salary. I also mentioned that I will return to work on this date and I am a full time worker and will join after this date
Thank you so much for your response! You mean you submitted a job letter and also a letter of recommendation stating when you would resume back to work right ?

thanks