+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Humanitarian programs in canada

victoracho

Aug 1, 2016
Greetings.
I am Victor Gonzalez and I was born in Venezuela, I’m today writing this up to fulfill the task of getting information about any kind of national programs to take
humanitarian asylum in canada, because of the unstable situation we are living now here in Venezuela, not to mention the absence of citizen security and the precarious economy we have.
We are going through a critical situation where important shortage of food exists, so the government had to come to an agreement with the republic of Colombia, so the Venezuelan could be provided with supplies, not content with that, we are living in a constant alert state because the delinquency had taken the streets, there is no opportunity of getting an stable job, or if there were one, it is an bad payed one considering the hyperinflation we are going through, on the other hand the absence of medicines and medical supplies is a worrying issue, because there is no medicines nor for a common flu neither for an anaphylactic stroke, about the food, if you are lucky enough, you can eat 3 times a day.

Due all the concerns this means for me and my integral safety, I have decided addressing you in this issue and I would be glad if you answer all these questions I am writing below:
1. Do I need to be in Canada for getting humanitarian asylum?
2. (in case the answer is no) Do I have to pay the passage way to Canada or the institution would take care of that?
3. Are there any possibilities of working In Canada while the process of the request for asylum is taking place?
4. (In case of sustenance while the process) Is any payment needed for the institution?
5. (in case of paying sustenance) In which way does the payments have to take place?
6. Does the formalities means any kind of costs?
7. How does that payments for the formalities would be done?
Nothing else to say, I appreciate your answers.

Have a nice day.

scylla

VIP Member
Jun 8, 2010
Toronto
Category........
Visa Office......
Buffalo
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
28-05-2010
AOR Received.
19-08-2010
File Transfer...
28-06-2010
Passport Req..
01-10-2010
VISA ISSUED...
05-10-2010
LANDED..........
05-10-2010
To apply under the H&C (humanitarian and compassionate) program - you must be physically in Canada. You cannot apply from outside of Canada. To come to Canada, you would need to obtain a TRV (tourist visa). To be approved for a TRV, you must demonstrate that you have strong ties to your home country and have no plans on remaining in Canada long term. You must also demonstrate that you have enough money to pay for your visit to Canada.

If you want to apply for refugee status, then you have two options. You would either need to obtain a TRV, fly to Canada as a visitor, and claim refugee status once here. Or you would need to move out of your home country to a different country, once you're there you would need to be officially recognized as a refugee by UNHCR - finally UNHCR would have to select you for resettlement in Canada.

gavendano

Star Member
Feb 11, 2016
The situation in Venezuela is pretty bad, however, it is a generalized situation that's affecting the entire Venezuelan population and based on your arguments the Canadian officials might see you as an economic migrant rather than as a person in danger.

The refugee process is for people that have a risk of being harmed in their home country on the basis of politics, religion or ethnicity. For example, in Venezuela's case, think about someone who is a member of an opposition party and has been threatened by the government and must flee the country (Luisa Ortega or Antonio Ledezma).

It is very sad and unfair what is happening in Venezuela, but you have to think that there are countries in worst situations, like Syria.

Have you been threatened or do you run the risk of being harmed? If that is the case I would suggest fleeing to Colombia immediately, they are giving refugee status to the Venezuelans.

Last edited:
Reactions: scylla