+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Humanitarian and compassionate ground application | need help

Ajjaykapur

May 6, 2016
Hi,

I am from India and my wife is a CDN citizen. My wife has some serious respiratory disease including asthama and she managed to come last year for our marriage ceremony but due to these issues we could not get our marriage registered as she has to go back to Canada as it was getting hard for her to live here.

After reaching back, she has gone through lot of treatments including radiation therapy and biopsies. It is getting difficult for her to go through this hard time there without my support so she has applied for spousal PR on Humanitarian and compassionate grounds. We attached the medical history in the case. The case was filled under Federal Court and court has accepted our marriage as genuine. We forwarded this decision to CIC and we got to know that our case is with now Special Enquiry Unit (don't know if it Quality Assurance Program ir anything else).

While waiting for this case and in order to reunite quickly, I applied for student visa but got rejected last month.

How would it affect our case?
What should we do in the meanwhile?
Any advices?

Thanks in advance.

Hasan9999

Champion Member
Sep 28, 2013
Ontario
Category........
FAM
Visa Office......
SVO
App. Filed.......
August 2013
LANDED..........
December, 2016
Ajjaykapur said:
Hi,

I am from India and my wife is a CDN citizen. My wife has some serious respiratory disease including asthama and she managed to come last year for our marriage ceremony but due to these issues we could not get our marriage registered as she has to go back to Canada as it was getting hard for her to live here.

After reaching back, she has gone through lot of treatments including radiation therapy and biopsies. It is getting difficult for her to go through this hard time there without my support so she has applied for spousal PR on Humanitarian and compassionate grounds. We attached the medical history in the case. The case was filled under Federal Court and court has accepted our marriage as genuine. We forwarded this decision to CIC and we got to know that our case is with now Special Enquiry Unit (don't know if it Quality Assurance Program ir anything else).

While waiting for this case and in order to reunite quickly, I applied for student visa but got rejected last month.

How would it affect our case?
What should we do in the meanwhile?
Any advices?

Thanks in advance.
May be you can send personal message to VIP members to get some hints.

This is something new to me that your wife applied for spousal PR visa under humanitarian and compassionate ground. Is it possible for your wife to write a comprehensive letter to her MP or even better to the Canada's minister for immigration ? She could also draw media attention by informing leading newspaper and television channel if she doesn't get expeditious response on her application.

Ajjaykapur

May 6, 2016
Hi Hasan,

Thanks for your reponse.

Could you please give the pointers to VIP members you are referring to?

She talked to MP's PA and he said that as this in in special enquiry, all we have to do it wait and that is what not possible as her health is critical.

Also, how can writing a letter to immigration minister and taking this issue to newspaper helps in this case? Could you please give some hints/experiences on it?

Hasan9999

Champion Member
Sep 28, 2013
Ontario
Category........
FAM
Visa Office......
SVO
App. Filed.......
August 2013
LANDED..........
December, 2016
Ajjaykapur said:
Hi Hasan,

Thanks for your reponse.

Could you please give the pointers to VIP members you are referring to?

She talked to MP's PA and he said that as this in in special enquiry, all we have to do it wait and that is what not possible as her health is critical.

Also, how can writing a letter to immigration minister and taking this issue to newspaper helps in this case? Could you please give some hints/experiences on it?
You can try to get valuable advice from PMM: http://www.canadavisa.com/canada-immigration-discussion-board/profiles/PMM-u1273.html

Ajjaykapur

May 6, 2016
Hi Hasan,

I saw his profile and it shows that the person was last online on 6th April 2016. Could you please give me more reference?

Hasan9999

Champion Member
Sep 28, 2013
Ontario
Category........
FAM
Visa Office......
SVO
App. Filed.......
August 2013
LANDED..........
December, 2016
Ajjaykapur said:
Hi Hasan,

I saw his profile and it shows that the person was last online on 6th April 2016. Could you please give me more reference?

Well, if you browse different threads here you may find many knowledgeable veteran members who can give you really good suggestions. You can send personal message (PM) to them. I am not clear about your story.

1) As your marriage is not registered yet, it will be difficult to get your application approved. How federal court is involved here!
2) Has your wife shown you as her husband in the application? Without marriage registration how you guys could apply?
3) Is it possible to show you common law partners if you two lived together minimum one year with sufficient proofs of cohabition.