+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

How to transfer my money to a Canadian account?

vigaviga

Mar 5, 2009
Hi everyone,

I applied for PR skilled workers a year and a half ago, and according to rules I must have my funds in the USA. I don’t live there, but I have bank accounts in both US and Canada. My question has two parts indeed:

1) Is it convenient to transfer my money to my Canadian bank meanwhile my process goes on?
2) Is there any limitation to do this from the USA to Canada? If not, how to transfer my money between my accounts? The web sites don't let me do this, I don’t know why exactly.
Thanks.

BobbyB

Champion Member
Feb 10, 2009
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
1). U can transfer as much as your Banks "Maximum per Transaction". Convenient? What do u mean, is it not your Money?
2). Most online Banking websites facilitate what you refer to as "Global View".
(Requires that the Banks in both countries have to be the Same) eg HSBC-HSBC, etc.
3). Alternatively, go to/Write to your Bank in the USA and ask them to transfer "X amount in Canadian Dollars to the Canadian account". A fee may be applicable though.Most banks will charge and may also take 2-4 Days, depending on the Bank.

nabeez

Jun 26, 2008
vigaviga said:
Hi everyone,

I applied for PR skilled workers a year and a half ago, and according to rules I must have my funds in the USA. I don't live there, but I have bank accounts in both US and Canada. My question has two parts indeed:

1) Is it convenient to transfer my money to my Canadian bank meanwhile my process goes on?
2) Is there any limitation to do this from the USA to Canada? If not, how to transfer my money between my accounts? The web sites don't let me do this, I don't know why exactly.
Thanks.
Hey .... you can bring money into Canada in the form of:

* Cash
* Securities in bearer form (for example: stocks, bonds, debentures, treasury bills)
* Negotiable instruments in bearer form (for example: bankers' drafts, cheques, travellers' cheques, money orders.)

Here are some ways about how to bring or transfer money into Canada: http://www.immigrationexpertise.com/2008/08/how-to-bring-money-to-canada.html

Good luck
Nabil