+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

How to talk with an agent at the CIC phone line? (888-242-2100)

dave.noise

Jul 5, 2016
I'm having a little issue with my temporary work permit renewal, and there's no information online on how to solve it.
I absolutely have to talk with someone from the CIC office.

I tried to call the number (888-242-2100) yesterday all the day, but the phone machinery never let me talk with an agent.
The phone machinery never even let me know what digit I should have pressed to talk to an agent :-(

It was always saying: "We are experiencing high traffic volumes"
So I tried to call this morning at 8:00am. The phone machinery did not say there was the high traffic volume, so I thought it could have been my lucky moment but... nothing. The phone machinery, again, did not let me know what digit to press to talk to an agent, and therefore did not let me talk to an agent.

My question is: what should I do to talk to an agent through this phone line?
Why isn't the phone machinery never giving me the digit to talk to an agent?
What should I do?

I'm gettin' crazy

Thanks

scylla

VIP Member
Jun 8, 2010
Toronto
Category........
Visa Office......
Buffalo
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
28-05-2010
AOR Received.
19-08-2010
File Transfer...
28-06-2010
Passport Req..
01-10-2010
VISA ISSUED...
05-10-2010
LANDED..........
05-10-2010
You just have to keep calling and hope you get lucky.

FYI - the help desk is only good for the most basic questions. If you ask anything complicated, it's entirely possible you'll get the wrong answer. You're most likely much better off posting your question here.

dave.noise

Jul 5, 2016
I was finally able to talk to an agent! Yuppy! :D

After calling that number, the magic digit combination to talk with an agent is:
-> 3
-> 2
-> 2
-> 0

I hope this help the community!

-- Davide

Reactions: Datasun

Harman jit

Oct 5, 2018
Hello every one...i applied for canada tourist visa...and get refusal on the basis of travel history and economic history..but our economic history is very very strong.we show our good economic funds.dnt knw why this issue raised by embessy.can anyone help me out.