+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

How to support studies in Canada financially

anjali.raj

Oct 17, 2020
Hi,

I recently received an acceptance offer from a canadian university in MASc (Computer Engineering), but upon asking I got to know there are no TA and RA opportunities and MASc has no funding support. Apart from part time jobs and TA, RA and GA what other employment opportunities are there in campus ?

scylla

VIP Member
Jun 8, 2010
Toronto
Category........
Visa Office......
Buffalo
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
28-05-2010
AOR Received.
19-08-2010
File Transfer...
28-06-2010
Passport Req..
01-10-2010
VISA ISSUED...
05-10-2010
LANDED..........
05-10-2010
Hi,

I recently received an acceptance offer from a canadian university in MASc (Computer Engineering), but upon asking I got to know there are no TA and RA opportunities and MASc has no funding support. Apart from part time jobs and TA, RA and GA what other employment opportunities are there in campus ?
You should come to Canada with enough money to cover your tuition and living expenses. That's the best plan.

There can be quite a bit of competition for on campus jobs and they often pay minimum wage - so please do not count on this to cover your expenses. The same applies to off campus jobs.

Stringer_Bell_786

Aug 27, 2020
Hi,

Take a student loan and pay it off asap to cover tuition and living.

DesiPikachu

Jan 13, 2021
You should come to Canada with enough money to cover your tuition and living expenses. That's the best plan.

There can be quite a bit of competition for on campus jobs and they often pay minimum wage - so please do not count on this to cover your expenses. The same applies to off campus jobs.
One can cover most expenses via working Uber Eats, DoorDash, and Skip the Dishes. That's what most international students do these days. You're right about on-campus jobs though - extremely competitive.