+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

How to sponsor husband?

Sasha.shade

May 5, 2017
hi,
My ex husband sponsored me to Canada. I am a Canadian Citizen now.
I found out he was forging my signatures and getting our child's Child Tax benefit and on some other papers too . We got divorced. I am going to get married again next year or later.
I want to know in my scenario, what do I need to do to sponsor my husband-to-be. How to make my case stronger?
Please tell me everything from bottom to top. I have no idea. With nothing left in my hands by my ex-husband. I make very little money and I have a kid to take care.

How much my income should be?
Can I live with my husband outside Canada during the process?
How much my bank balance should be in order to show I can financially support him?
Do I need to complete 2 years of period after divorce to be able to sponsor my husband?

Additional tips would be appreciated

canuck_in_uk

VIP Member
May 4, 2012
Visa Office......
London
App. Filed.......
06/12
hi,
I found out he was forging my signatures and getting our child's Child Tax benefit and on some other papers too . We got divorced. I am going to get married again next year or later.
I want to know in my scenario, what do I need to do to sponsor my husband-to-be. How to make my case stronger?
Please tell me everything from bottom to top. I have no idea. With nothing left in my hands by my ex-husband. I make very little money and I have a kid to take care.

How much my bank balance should be in order to show I can financially support him?
Do I need to complete 2 years of period after divorce to be able to sponsor my husband?

Hi

https://www.canada.ca/en/immigration-refugees-citizenship/services/application/application-forms-guides/guide-5289-sponsor-your-spouse-common-law-partner-conjugal-partner-dependent-child-complete-guide.html

There is no minimum income requirement.

Yes, you can live outside of Canada with your spouse. However, you will need to include proof that you are returning to Canada when the app is finished.

There is no set amount.

No. However, you must wait at least 5 years from the date you became a PR to apply.

Rob_TO

VIP Member
Nov 7, 2012
Toronto
Category........
FAM
Visa Office......
Seoul, Korea
App. Filed.......
13-07-2012
AOR Received.
18-08-2012
File Transfer...
21-08-2012
Med's Done....
Sent with App
Passport Req..
N/R - Exempt
VISA ISSUED...
30-10-2012
LANDED..........
16-11-2012
There is no such rule to wait 2 years after divorce.

If you landed as PR in Jan 2013, then you can sponsor any new common-law partner or spouse, anytime after Jan 2018.

sajani

Dec 24, 2017
Hi Im new to this website. can anyone please answer to this question.
Im the sponsor of my husband and as I'm preparing the documents, I came up with this question. Do shared expenses same as gifts we shared? I'm not sure where to include all the bills and payments of gifts we shared.
what does shared expenses mean or what to include?

canuck78

VIP Member
Jun 18, 2017
hi,

Would add that if you income is quite low you may be asked to show how you will support your family while in Canada so that you don't need to go on welfare. You can show your new husband's savings, family support, etc.