+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

How to show intention to live outside of Quebec

negarina

Star Member
May 28, 2015
Hello folks,

I currently live and study in Montreal and I received a letter from CIC today that I need to show intention to live outside of quebec as stated in my application.
I have no knowledge of french and that's why I want to live outside of quebec. I have also proof that I applied to jobs outside of Quebec but I can't prove that I have no knowledge of french.
How else can I convince the officer I am not gonna stay in Quebec? Thanks for your help

dobes

Champion Member
Nov 23, 2014
Category........
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
negarina said:
Hello folks,

I currently live and study in Montreal and I received a letter from CIC today that I need to show intention to live outside of quebec as stated in my application.
I have no knowledge of french and that's why I want to live outside of quebec. I have also proof that I applied to jobs outside of Quebec but I can't prove that I have no knowledge of french.
How else can I convince the officer I am not gonna stay in Quebec? Thanks for your help
Since it's more difficult to prove a negative statement than a positive one, the best answer is proof that you are planning to live somewhere else. Have you concentrated your job search in one particular city outside Quebec? Have you stayed with friends or family while looking for work there? Are you in a business that offers more jobs outside Quebec than in it? Do you have a partner who is not from Quebec? Do you have friends or family in other provinces you want to be close to? You cannot prove that you don't speak French, but you can state it.

Show evidence of the jobs you have applied for. Get statements from friends and family in other provinces that they have helped you look for work there, or at least that you have discussed your intention to move to Toronto or Vancouver or wherever with them. Show airline or train tickets from job-hunting searches.

Give them everything you can, including your own statement, and that's all you can do!

mnikolas

Mar 4, 2016
Hello everyone

I received an invitation to apply for PR through express entry (Federal Skilled Worker Program). I am currently living with my wife in Quebec, but we would like to move out since non of us speak French! Also, I have higher chances to get a job outside Quebec!

The problem is that my wife has recently received an admission from Polytechnique Montreal (Masters) and I am not sure if applying for her study permit is a wise thing to do right now ! I understand that for express entry I need to indicate my intention to live outside Quebec which is actually the case for us. However, I am not sure my wife applying and having a study permit for 2 years in Quebec would hurt the "intention to live outside Quebec"! Your opinion are highly appreciated!

Tnx
Nicolas