+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

How to show family ties ?

rehabc

Star Member
Oct 6, 2012
I am going to apply for my Visa on January to attend the Summer term from May 1 at York University...

I am applying from Kuwait and most of the friend I know got rejected with a message "We do not think you will return"

I want to know what I should include to show my Family ties ?

A brief background...
My Family lives in Kuwait since my childhood
I have property in my homeland Bangladesh around 1.5 crore taka (apprx: 186,000)
My brother who is in Canada now, finished his graduation from Memorial University this year and applied for PR, shifting to Toronto now...
My father will be sponsoring me for studies, and later my brother after he gets a job...
Brother told me to mention him and his client number in SOP, but some people suggested not to.

I really want to know how make a good SOP and what to include and what to eliminate...

wfsoomro

Jun 27, 2012
Montreal
Category........
Other
Visa Office......
Sydney Nova Scotia
App. Filed.......
15-09-2020
rehabc said:
I am going to apply for my Visa on January to attend the Summer term from May 1 at York University...

I am applying from Kuwait and most of the friend I know got rejected with a message "We do not think you will return"

A brief background...
I have property in my homeland Bangladesh around 1.5 crore taka (apprx: 186,000)
My brother who is in Canada now, finished his graduation from Memorial University this year and applied for PR, shifting to Toronto now...
My father will be sponsoring me for studies, and later my brother after he gets a job...
Brother told me to mention him and his client number in SOP, but some people suggested not to.

I really want to know how make a good SOP and what to include and what to eliminate...
Generally the best way is to show property and/or established business in your country of residence. And you can also state that all your family and yourself have been living there forever.
In your case your brother might be a major disadvantage but I'm not sure. Maybe you should consult an expert

wfsoomro

Jun 27, 2012
Montreal
Category........
Other
Visa Office......
Sydney Nova Scotia
App. Filed.......
15-09-2020
I also think the fact that you're a native of Bangladesh and living in Kuwait might also be a little against you. But again I would suggest you to consult with an expert. Best of luck

jay031

Star Member
Nov 3, 2011
rehabc said:

A brief background...

If you understand in one simple line, family ties can be proved by way of your academic performance, admission and tuition fees.

Nothing else is required.

rehabc

Star Member
Oct 6, 2012
So in family information I should give brothers present address as Kuwait, since he will be visiting for few months on March or I should give his St John address...

jay031: One of my friend applied from Pakistan, he applied in some college, but he had good grades and academics performance. So I asked asked this question...

scylla

VIP Member
Jun 8, 2010
Toronto
Category........
Visa Office......
Buffalo
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
28-05-2010
AOR Received.
19-08-2010
File Transfer...
28-06-2010
Passport Req..
01-10-2010
VISA ISSUED...
05-10-2010
LANDED..........
05-10-2010
rehabc said:
So in family information I should give brothers present address as Kuwait, since he will be visiting for few months on March or I should give his St John address...
Where is your brother actually living? Is he living in Canada or in Kuwait? You should give the address where he's living. If he's spending almost all of his time in Canada and you give the Kuwait address - CIC might see this as misrepresentation.

nadeem1

Oct 31, 2012
buddy tell the chc truth about your brother statu's this the only way you will get visa i can promise you they will find this out where he lives if you give them incorrect information you would not have a chance.by the way this point will be critical for you i know someone for refused cos his brother lives there but some get visa so very difficult to say.good luck

rehabc

Star Member
Oct 6, 2012
I guess I will give legit information then.

He lives in Saint John, he is process of getting work permit as post graduate and shift to Toronto by mid Feb.
I guess I will apply after he gets work permit and show Father and Brother as my sponsor...

I guess I had something more than luck bro...