+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

How to show distance education in application after ITA?

krn89

Mar 1, 2017
Hi Guys,

I have done my Bachelor of computer applications from Sikkim Manipal University. From 2010-2013 distance edu.
I have got my ECA for the same. When I started my degree I was in X city and working in same city and 2011 I shifted to Y city and use to come to X city fr exams. I am not claiming points for jobs during this time. Do I need to ahow the work in personal history or can I show only my education. Please suggest

ContactFront

Champion Member
Feb 22, 2017
You should include all your activities in personal history. Provide an explanation in your LOE that it was distance learning hence you were moving between different cities

Doc_Abby_Zo

Star Member
Sep 8, 2017
Hi Guys,

I have done my Bachelor of computer applications from Sikkim Manipal University. From 2010-2013 distance edu.
I have got my ECA for the same. When I started my degree I was in X city and working in same city and 2011 I shifted to Y city and use to come to X city fr exams. I am not claiming points for jobs during this time. Do I need to ahow the work in personal history or can I show only my education. Please suggest
Kindly let me know the assessing body from where you obtained ECA for Sikkim Manipal University (Distance Education)? Also apprise of the processing timeline for the same.

Regards,
Abhey

krn89

Mar 1, 2017
Kindly let me know the assessing body from where you obtained ECA for Sikkim Manipal University (Distance Education)? Also apprise of the processing timeline for the same.

Regards,
Abhey
Both iqas and icas do the eca bt iqas is faster

thestunner316

Champion Member
Feb 6, 2016
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Thank you for response. Also let me know how much time does Sikkim Manipal University (DE) takes to ship transcripts?
as far as i remember Sikkim manipal is not a recognised university by WES. you will need to get this done by IQAS.

Doc_Abby_Zo

Star Member
Sep 8, 2017
as far as i remember Sikkim manipal is not a recognised university by WES. you will need to get this done by IQAS.
Yes, I am aware of the same. However, I need to know the process for requesting transcripts from Sikkim Manipal and time taken by them to ship the same to me.

senor_1980

May 22, 2015
Will my MBA in Marketing (2009-2011) from Sikkim Manipal University Distance Education be considered as Masters from IQAS??? WES gave me only Bachelors..Thank you very much for your inputs.

Doc_Abby_Zo

Star Member
Sep 8, 2017
Will my MBA in Marketing (2009-2011) from Sikkim Manipal University Distance Education be considered as Masters from IQAS??? WES gave me only Bachelors..Thank you very much for your inputs.
Yes. IQAS does grant successful ECA for MBA from Sikkim Manipal Univ. There have been many success stories posted on this forum.

tristam15

Star Member
Oct 1, 2018
if it's from a valid institution yes
ECA is one thing and getting equivalent status of Canadian degree is another.

I believe only degrees from NAAC accredited 'A' universities with First Division (60%+) are given equivalent status.

I hope they evaluate distance education as it is fully valid in India.