+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

How to send PPR docs? (request for scanned copy of return airway bill)

methyl

Feb 1, 2016
Category........
FAM
Visa Office......
Mexico City
App. Filed.......
29-07-2016, Received 02-08-2016. Out of status app.
Doc's Request.
PGR 30-11-2016
Nomination.....
SA Approved 31-08-2016
AOR Received.
AOR1 23-08-2016. AOR2 30-11-2016
File Transfer...
31-08-2016
Med's Done....
28-06-2016
Passport Req..
17-05-2017
VISA ISSUED...
06-06-2017
LANDED..........
31-07-2017
Just got a request for PPR (whooo!) from Mexico VO
The letter is confusing, they ask for copy of PPR letter, photocopy of passport, address and a prepaid airway bill.
It is written to include "A prepaid airway bill, it is prepaid envelope from an international courier service company such as DHL, UPS, Fedex, etc." (exactly with this broken grammar here and further, do they really want a prepaid envelope, or just a prepaid label??).
It explains further:
"Should you choose DHL, UPS, Fedex, please follow these recommendations:
Via UPS: Please forward us a scanned copy of the prepaid airway bill receipt provided to you by the company.
Via Fedex: Please forward us a scanned copy of the prepaid airway bill receipt provided to you by the company or send us by email the international account number of the company.
Via DHL: Please forward us a scanned copy of the prepaid airway bill receipt provided to you by the company"
And in section "Submit your documents" it says all documents must be submitted in one single package.

So, could someone please answer what exactly they want and in which form? Options in my mind:
1. Register for a Fedex account and email the account number or simply PDFs of mailing labels from any of the 3 companies to the embassy email? Is that an option?
2. Send a prepaid courier envelope to the embassy with a paid mailing label on it? Seems to go in conflict with scanning a copy of prepaid airway bill instruction.
3. Generate a shipping label online, print it, and mail it to the embassy? Does this qualify as a scanned copy, and seems in conflict with them asking for an actual envelope.

Really confused now. The embassy employees should really start to take some communication courses in clear writing.

Last edited:

Tajnuba

Jan 11, 2017
Visa Office......
Singapoore
App. Filed.......
27-02-2017
AOR Received.
16-03-2017
File Transfer...
21-04-2017
Med's Request
07-11-2017
Med's Done....
08-11-2017
Interview........
07-11-2017
Passport Req..
15/11/2017
VISA ISSUED...
12/15/2017
woww..it is really confusing .. btw congrats for the ppr :)

methyl

Feb 1, 2016
Category........
FAM
Visa Office......
Mexico City
App. Filed.......
Doc's Request.
PGR 30-11-2016
Nomination.....
SA Approved 31-08-2016
AOR Received.
File Transfer...
31-08-2016
Med's Done....
28-06-2016
Passport Req..
17-05-2017
VISA ISSUED...
06-06-2017
LANDED..........
31-07-2017

majesty

Feb 10, 2017
Category........
FAM
Visa Office......
Mexico
App. Filed.......
25-01-2017
AOR Received.
23-02-2017 (AOR 1); 26-05-2017 (AOR2)
File Transfer...
13/03/2017
Med's Done....
30-07-2016 (Passed)
Congrats! Happy to see another person from the Mexico office get their request for ppr! I don't know much about airway bill receipts at this point, however, I have been bookmarking threads which I thought would be helpful at a later date.

Have a read through the contents of this thread in the following link:

http://www.canadavisa.com/canada-immigration-discussion-board/threads/fedx-waybill-for-returning-passport-from-cpc-ottawa.476249/

Maybe there is something there which might clarify things for you.

Hope you get it figured out soon! :)

Argie2016

Star Member
Jan 20, 2016
Buenos Aires
Visa Office......
Mexico
App. Filed.......
07-12-2016
Doc's Request.
01-05-2017
AOR Received.
15-12-2016 (AOR1) 28-03-2017 (AOR2)
IELTS Request
Not Required
File Transfer...
04-01-2017
Med's Request
Upfront
Med's Done....
16-10-2016 Passed
Interview........
Not required
Passport Req..
11-05-2017
VISA ISSUED...
26-05-2017
LANDED..........
SOON June 2017
The letter is confusing, they ask for copy of PPR letter, photocopy of passport, address and a prepaid airway bill.
It is written to include "A prepaid airway bill, it is prepaid envelope from an international courier service company such as DHL, UPS, Fedex, etc." (exactly with this broken grammar here and further, do they really want a prepaid envelope, or just a prepaid label??).
It explains further:
Via UPS: Please forward us a scanned copy of the prepaid airway bill receipt provided to you by the company.
Via Fedex: Please forward us a scanned copy of the prepaid airway bill receipt provided to you by the company or send us by email the international account number of the company.
Via DHL: Please forward us a scanned copy of the prepaid airway bill receipt provided to you by the company"
And in section "Submit your documents" it says all documents must be submitted in one single package.

So, could someone please answer what exactly they want and in which form? Options in my mind:
1. Register for a Fedex account and email the account number or simply PDFs of mailing labels from any of the 3 companies to the embassy email? Is that an option?
2. Send a prepaid courier envelope to the embassy with a paid mailing label on it? Seems to go in conflict with scanning a copy of prepaid airway bill instruction.
3. Generate a shipping label online, print it, and mail it to the embassy? Does this qualify as a scanned copy, and seems in conflict with them asking for an actual envelope.

Really confused now. The embassy employees should really start to take some communication courses in clear writing.
I received the same confusing email from MVO two weeks ago. I 've chosen DHL, but they don't have the "prepaid envolope" option. So I sent my passport and others docs, and get a pre-paid form that was included inside the envolope, so when the embassy sends the passport back, I will pay for the service.

I have a question.... according to DHL my passport arrived to Mexico on May 17. I did not receive anything from the embassy informing about receiving my Docs. I am kind of worried not now. What do you think? Did they receive my passport ??? Was it delievered to the right office??? I checked on the Mexican Canada embassy site and it said it can take up to 20 working days, before you make an inquiry about ViSAS

methyl

Feb 1, 2016
Category........
FAM
Visa Office......
Mexico City
App. Filed.......
Doc's Request.
PGR 30-11-2016
Nomination.....
SA Approved 31-08-2016
AOR Received.
File Transfer...
31-08-2016
Med's Done....
28-06-2016
Passport Req..
17-05-2017
VISA ISSUED...
06-06-2017
LANDED..........
31-07-2017
I received the same confusing email from MVO two weeks ago. I 've chosen DHL, but they don't have the "prepaid envolope" option. So I sent my passport and others docs, and get a pre-paid form that was included inside the envolope, so when the embassy sends the passport back, I will pay for the service.

I have a question.... according to DHL my passport arrived to Mexico on May 17. I did not receive anything from the embassy informing about receiving my Docs. I am kind of worried not now. What do you think? Did they receive my passport ??? Was it delievered to the right office??? I checked on the Mexican Canada embassy site and it said it can take up to 20 working days, before you make an inquiry about ViSAS
I think it's too soon to worry.

I don't think you will hear from them so soon, it's only been 3 full days since they got it, not counting 17th and today, +Monday was a holiday. Nobody looks at packages as soon as they arrive. They arrive in bulk, then maybe they get sorted by departments, then maybe get sent out to individual mailboxes. Then the officer gets a pile of docs, and they go through them day by day, and I'm sure they're days behind, then processing take place - verify everything is correct, the file has been approved correctly, maybe a superior officer has to rubber-stamp the final approval of COPR.

Usually takes them 1.5 - 3 weeks to send COPR, based on what I've been seeing here. So wait until beginning of June.

Last edited:

Argie2016

Star Member
Jan 20, 2016
Buenos Aires
Visa Office......
Mexico
App. Filed.......
07-12-2016
Doc's Request.
01-05-2017
AOR Received.
15-12-2016 (AOR1) 28-03-2017 (AOR2)
IELTS Request
Not Required
File Transfer...
04-01-2017
Med's Request
Upfront
Med's Done....
16-10-2016 Passed
Interview........
Not required
Passport Req..
11-05-2017
VISA ISSUED...
26-05-2017
LANDED..........
SOON June 2017
I received my Passport and CORP today. I t took around 3 weeks, since I ve sent the passport and got it back. I am happy the DHL pre paid air bill worked for me. Tanks for your info Methryl

methyl

Feb 1, 2016
Category........
FAM
Visa Office......
Mexico City
App. Filed.......
Doc's Request.
PGR 30-11-2016
Nomination.....
SA Approved 31-08-2016
AOR Received.
File Transfer...
31-08-2016
Med's Done....
28-06-2016
Passport Req..
17-05-2017
VISA ISSUED...
06-06-2017
LANDED..........
31-07-2017
I received my Passport and CORP today. I t took around 3 weeks, since I ve sent the passport and got it back. I am happy the DHL pre paid air bill worked for me. Tanks for your info Methryl
Congrats!
Application processed very fast!

Reactions: Argie2016

FRAN1992

Dec 19, 2016
i got the same latter two day ago.... but it says a photocopy of the picture page ....not to literally send the passport physically. Please can someone clarify this for me. :)

KBH

Champion Member
Sep 13, 2017
Toronto, ON
Category........
FAM
Visa Office......
Mississauga
App. Filed.......
August 2nd, 2017
AOR Received.
September 22nd, 2017
File Transfer...
October 7th, 2017
Passport Req..
December 29th, 2017
VISA ISSUED...
January 23rd, 2018
LANDED..........
Feb 1st, 2018
i got the same latter two day ago.... but it says a photocopy of the picture page ....not to literally send the passport physically. Please can someone clarify this for me. :)
It depends on what country your passport is from. If you are visa-exempt (only need an eTA to travel to Canada), you send a scan of your passport only. If you require a visa to travel to Canada, you send your physical passport.

FRAN1992

Dec 19, 2016
It explains further:

I need help.... in the second step of this email it says the following, but it does not specify that I need to send my pasport physically. What should I do.

STEP 2: PREPARE YOUR PASSPORT- PASSPORT REQUIREMENTS
  • Please note that if you or your accompanying family members are permanent residents of the U.S.A and a holder of a passport which requires a visa to enter Canada, you are still required to submit your passport(s).
  • Please submit one photocopy of the photo page and any pages containing amendments of the passport for you and one for each accompanying family member.
  • Ensure that your passport is valid for at least 12 months from the date of this letter.
  • Please note that you cannot use a Diplomatic, Official or Military passport to travel to Canada to become a permanent resident of Canada. You must be in possession of an ordinary passport.
  • All passports must be intact and not worn, torn or otherwise damaged; the laminate on the bio-data page must be securely attached. Each page must be securely affixed to the passport; there cannot be any loose pages.

FRAN1992

Dec 19, 2016
It depends on what country your passport is from. If you are visa-exempt (only need an eTA to travel to Canada), you send a scan of your passport only. If you require a visa to travel to Canada, you send your physical passport.
super... on the second step it says the following, so this means I only need the photocopy of the picture page?

• Please note that if you or your accompanying family members are permanent residents of the U.S.A and a holder of a passport which requires a visa to enter Canada, you are still required to submit your passport(s).
  • Please submit one photocopy of the photo page and any pages containing amendments of the passport for you and one for each accompanying family member.
  • Ensure that your passport is valid for at least 12 months from the date of this letter.
  • Please note that you cannot use a Diplomatic, Official or Military passport to travel to Canada to become a permanent resident of Canada. You must be in possession of an ordinary passport.
  • All passports must be intact and not worn, torn or otherwise damaged; the laminate on the bio-data page must be securely attached. Each page must be securely affixed to the passport; there cannot be any loose pages.

majesty

Feb 10, 2017
Category........
FAM
Visa Office......
Mexico
App. Filed.......
25-01-2017
AOR Received.
23-02-2017 (AOR 1); 26-05-2017 (AOR2)
File Transfer...
13/03/2017
Med's Done....
30-07-2016 (Passed)
I need help.... in the second step of this email it says the following, but it does not specify that I need to send my pasport physically. What should I do.

Is PA from Chile? Chileans don't require a visa to enter Canada. I am not sure if you need to submit the passport. I am wondering this myself because my partner (the PA) is from Chile because one day we might miraculously get PPR also. I guess if you aren't sure, email the VO.