+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

How to Secure Bank Job in Canada

SijuJoseph

Jan 26, 2020
Dear write IELTS and try to get a score of 8777. ( 8 for listening )What is your level of education? Bachelor's or Masters? Do your ECA mean while. Then go to any agency. Meeting CRS and hence by getting an ITA is important.

canuck78

VIP Member
Jun 18, 2017
Banking jobs are extremely competitive to get. Currently banks are under a hiring freeze. Designations like being a CFA will certainly help as well as experience working in a well known large well known financial institution. A business degree from a Canadian university or a well known top international university can help. Canada is a very small market and there are a large number of people wanting to work in banking already in Canada, people immigrating from large banking hubs like HK and the UK due to instability, people immigrating with international banking experience from well known institutions and Canadians who have been working in finance abroad returning to Canada. If you have a good job in India with prospects of being promoted you need to consider whether it makes sense to immigrate and what you are expecting by moving to Canada. You are likely to receive better opportunities at home or in other international locations. Job experience as a teller isn't likely to help secure finance jobs and your international experience may be mostly disregarded. It will be very dependent on where you studied, where you worked and your role.

scylla

VIP Member
Jun 8, 2010
Toronto
Category........
Visa Office......
Buffalo
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
28-05-2010
AOR Received.
19-08-2010
File Transfer...
28-06-2010
Passport Req..
01-10-2010
VISA ISSUED...
05-10-2010
LANDED..........
05-10-2010
Yes I have double master MA and MBA
Once you have PR and are in Canada, apply for banking jobs directly through the websites of the big five banks (not through job bank).

Good luck.

99arunjose

Dec 27, 2020
I
Banking jobs are extremely competitive to get. Currently banks are under a hiring freeze. Designations like being a CFA will certainly help as well as experience working in a well known large well known financial institution. A business degree from a Canadian university or a well known top international university can help. Canada is a very small market and there are a large number of people wanting to work in banking already in Canada, people immigrating from large banking hubs like HK and the UK due to instability, people immigrating with international banking experience from well known institutions and Canadians who have been working in finance abroad returning to Canada. If you have a good job in India with prospects of being promoted you need to consider whether it makes sense to immigrate and what you are expecting by moving to Canada. You are likely to receive better opportunities at home or in other international locations. Job experience as a teller isn't likely to help secure finance jobs and your international experience may be mostly disregarded. It will be very dependent on where you studied, where you worked and your role.
I have 7 years of experience

99arunjose

Dec 27, 2020
My post/ position in Bank is Clerk, but i not doing the teller work, i am dealing with retail loan processing, documentation, Marketing , Insurance,
compliance, Reporting to RO/ HO, NPA recovery etc..

canuck78

VIP Member
Jun 18, 2017
My post/ position in Bank is Clerk, but i not doing the teller work, i am dealing with retail loan processing, documentation, Marketing , Insurance,
That is a very wide rang of roles. That does sound like more of a community banking role. As long as you are realistic and realize that getting a banking job is going to be quite difficult and you would be happy working in other jobs then you should consider immigrating to Canada. You will be competing with many immigrants who have experience working in the well known financial institutions in the international banking hubs plus those already in Canadians. There are only so many jobs to go around and given the economy there won't be a lot of hiring for a while. It also depends on why you are moving to Canada.

Reactions: hyong1991