+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

How to Secure Bank Job in Canada

99arunjose

Dec 27, 2020
Hi Everyone
I am Arun Jose. I am working as a Banker (Clerk) in an Indian Bank Since 2013. I have 7 years of experience. I am in the Canada PR Process. I have some doubts about the Bank jobs in Canada.
1. Is there any value for my Indian Bank experience in Canada, and does it help me to achieve the a bank job in Canada?
2. What should I do to secure a bank job in Canada, after the PR
3. There is any exams for getting the Bank Job in Canada? Can I write it from India. If it is only available in Canada, can i prepare for the same from India.. please provide the Exams/ Course name and how to get the course details , syllabus for exam, material for study, .. If i can access in the mean time of PR process , I can also study for the exam which will make me hustle free in the beginning of life.
4. What are the online courses which help me to directly land in a Bank Job in Canada after getting PR ? Can i Study those course through online and write the exam in India/ Online - or there is any online centre in India for the exam ?

I heard the the reference is an important factor for job, does it needed to secure a bank job in Canada. How can i get a reference in Canada? I tried Linkedin to get some connections but there is no replay form anyone. So what are the ways to get connection and referrals for bank Job in Canada

Is there any option to get a LMIA entry in bank job? ... Please help me to clear my doubts

Naturgrl

VIP Member
Apr 5, 2020
So have you received ITA? Are you talking about working in a bank branch as teller.

1. Experience will not really help because Canadian banking is most likely different.
2. Apply for jobs looking for “bank teller.” Many are part-time.
3. No exams for a bank teller because you can work as a teller out of secondary school.

No LMIA because banks have No issues hiring tellers and most are part time. Why are you looking for LMIA if you have PR.

99arunjose

Dec 27, 2020
So have you received ITA? Are you talking about working in a bank branch as teller.

1. Experience will not really help because Canadian banking is most likely different.
2. Apply for jobs looking for “bank teller.” Many are part-time.
3. No exams for a bank teller because you can work as a teller out of secondary school.

No LMIA because banks have No issues hiring tellers and most are part time. Why are you looking for LMIA if you have PR.

I don't have any PR . i am working on it and i have already applied for the PR through an Agency in India.
My post/ position in Bank is Clerk, but i not doing the teller work, i am dealing with retail loan processing, documentation, Marketing , Insurance,
compliance, Reporting to RO/ HO, NPA recovery etc..

But i heard that CSC & CIFC courses will help us to secure the bank jobs in Canada. I am looking forwarded to get a post more than a 'teller' . But in the beginning i will do the bank teller job, and i am willing to do any job. But in future i would like to secure a good back office work in bank like, Compliance, AML, Risk management, Fund manger/ Investment etc .

My doubt can we prepare and write there CSC & CIFC exam in Indian, can we apply for the same from India? There is any other courses/ exams that i can attend from India, which provide an opportunity for me to land directly to the back office work of banking. etc.. also about the connections and references. How we can create our connection from India (before reaching there)

starlordavuthu

Apr 13, 2020
Hi Everyone
I am Arun Jose. I am working as a Banker (Clerk) in an Indian Bank Since 2013. I have 7 years of experience. I am in the Canada PR Process. I have some doubts about the Bank jobs in Canada.
1. Is there any value for my Indian Bank experience in Canada, and does it help me to achieve the a bank job in Canada?
2. What should I do to secure a bank job in Canada, after the PR
3. There is any exams for getting the Bank Job in Canada? Can I write it from India. If it is only available in Canada, can i prepare for the same from India.. please provide the Exams/ Course name and how to get the course details , syllabus for exam, material for study, .. If i can access in the mean time of PR process , I can also study for the exam which will make me hustle free in the beginning of life.
4. What are the online courses which help me to directly land in a Bank Job in Canada after getting PR ? Can i Study those course through online and write the exam in India/ Online - or there is any online centre in India for the exam ?

I heard the the reference is an important factor for job, does it needed to secure a bank job in Canada. How can i get a reference in Canada? I tried Linkedin to get some connections but there is no replay form anyone. So what are the ways to get connection and referrals for bank Job in Canada

Is there any option to get a LMIA entry in bank job? ... Please help me to clear my doubts
Concentrate on PR process and complete it. Indian banking experience may not be considered at all, be prepared for that. There are couple of banking courses you need to take if you are applying for positions other than Tellers. Banking is very high competitive field in Canada, make sure you stay up to date.

You can only apply for jobs once you get your PR, no bank will hire you without PR and you should be in Canada physically.

Last edited:
Reactions: Naturgrl

Naturgrl

VIP Member
Apr 5, 2020
I don't have any PR . i am working on it and i have already applied for the PR through an Agency in India.
My post/ position in Bank is Clerk, but i not doing the teller work, i am dealing with retail loan processing, documentation, Marketing , Insurance,
compliance, Reporting to RO/ HO, NPA recovery etc..

But i heard that CSC & CIFC courses will help us to secure the bank jobs in Canada. I am looking forwarded to get a post more than a 'teller' . But in the beginning i will do the bank teller job, and i am willing to do any job. But in future i would like to secure a good back office work in bank like, Compliance, AML, Risk management, Fund manger/ Investment etc .

My doubt can we prepare and write there CSC & CIFC exam in Indian, can we apply for the same from India? There is any other courses/ exams that i can attend from India, which provide an opportunity for me to land directly to the back office work of banking. etc.. also about the connections and references. How we can create our connection from India (before reaching there)
What is your CRS score? You can take courses through the Canadian securities course. Creating connections is easiest once in Canada. Canada’s banking sector is small.

99arunjose

Dec 27, 2020
Concentrate of PR process and complete it. Indian banking experience may not be considered at all, be prepared for that. There are couple of banking courses you need to take if you are applying for positions other than Tellers. Banking is very high competitive field in Canada, make sure you stay up to date.

You can only apply for jobs once you get your PR, no bank will hire you without PR and you should be in Canada physically.
Thank you for the great advice. could you mind please provide the courses details which i can study to become competitive..
What is the facts of reference and connection to get job ?

starlordavuthu

Apr 13, 2020

Naturgrl

VIP Member
Apr 5, 2020
Is your agent promising that you will get ITA? What is your CRS score? Have you completed language testing & ECAs? That should be your focus now, not banking certification.

99arunjose

Dec 27, 2020
Is your agent promising that you will get ITA? What is your CRS score? Have you completed language testing & ECAs? That should be your focus now, not banking certification.
I am already preparing for the IELTS and i have submitted the application in my university to get the transcript of my certificates