+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

How to score a 7 in writing?

Anpar

Jan 10, 2017
Hi Seniors,

I have attempted 4 times for the General Training exam, and each time I scored 6.5 in writing. Now I am going to sit for the 5th time, and so would like to seek guidance from all of those who did well in their writing.

Thanks in advance.

xpressentry

VIP Member
Nov 27, 2016
London
Category........
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
29-03-2017
Doc's Request.
Schedule A - upfront
AOR Received.
29-03-2017
IELTS Request
Upfront
File Transfer...
Waiting
Med's Request
Upfront
Med's Done....
28-03-2017
Passport Req..
Waiting
VISA ISSUED...
Waiting
LANDED..........
Waiting
practice and get someone to check your answers. dont even look at the sample answers

iamxty

Champion Member
Mar 13, 2017
Singapore
Category........
PNP
NOC Code......
App. Filed.......
09-07-2017
Nomination.....
01-08-2017
AOR Received.
07-09-2017
File Transfer...
04-11-2017
Passport Req..
08-03-2018
You can look at the sample answers just to get the idea of how the sentences or paragraphs are written but never memorize. Then do a lot of practice. I 7.5 without practice. Well, I already do a lot of writing at work like emails, work documentations.

Another tip, to make sentences longer, use participle or perfect verb tenses, such as, have been written..., it has been known that... but of course, with the correct usage :)

To organize the paragraphs or your ideas, use sentence connectors like Firstly, secondly, moreover, in addition, however, on the contrary, as a result/ consequence...These give you the coherence points.

sunnyvin

Nov 29, 2014
Anpar said:
Hi Seniors,

I have attempted 4 times for the General Training exam, and each time I scored 6.5 in writing. Now I am going to sit for the 5th time, and so would like to seek guidance from all of those who did well in their writing.

Thanks in advance.

I scored an 8 in writing :

Try these things

http://ielts-simon.com/ielts-help-and-english-pr/ielts-writing-task-2/
Write short 4 5 paragraphs
count the words you write in each sentence.
Usually people write 5 to 6 words
count the lines . put an end where 300 words in practice so in exam u can write more than 260

never ever copy from the question paper use your own words.

Answer every part of the question for eg:

Some universities now offer their courses on the Internet so that people can study online. Is this a positive or negative development?

divide this question into 3 parts and answer .

when you have to give your opinion "

Kindly give your opinion in the introduction .......agree, disagree or balance between

Conclusion should be not more than 3 lines

To score 7 ;

In every answer give an example ,, remember they are checking your English and not your opinionnnn it can be fake as well , use simple words as they help you avoid spelling mistakes.

Use words as:

Moving on
however
nevertheless
in my opinion
in conclusion
hence forward
giving an example is critical to score 7 plus
Firstly , secondly and finally.

In my test I got the question people buy second hand products rather than new products ... it is good ? do you agree or disagree

I gave an example of treadmill ,,
secondly, people now but stuff online pay through cards

My opinion was a healthy balance between new and old products.

hope it helps