+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

HOW TO RECEIVE PR CARD AFTER LANDING IN CANADA WITH COPR

EveyO

Sep 28, 2024
Hello everyone, I need urgent help. I landed in Canada with my COPR the first week of this month(September)but at the port of entry which was Calgary, they did not ask for my mailing address where my PR card will be sent to.. My mailing address in the application is that of my home country; but my brother in law’s Canada mailing address was also part of the application. Is IRCC going to mail the PR card to my brother in law’s address or are they going to contact me via email to get my mailing address when the card is ready. If not should I contact IRCC to update them with my mailing address for my PR card?
Thanks

iSaidGoodDay

VIP Member
Feb 3, 2023
Kaneda
Hello everyone, I need urgent help. I landed in Canada with my COPR the first week of this month(September)but at the port of entry which was Calgary, they did not ask for my mailing address where my PR card will be sent to.. My mailing address in the application is that of my home country; but my brother in law’s Canada mailing address was also part of the application. Is IRCC going to mail the PR card to my brother in law’s address or are they going to contact me via email to get my mailing address when the card is ready. If not should I contact IRCC to update them with my mailing address for my PR card?
Thanks
That's odd! Call IRCC during weekdays (working hours) and give them your address.

Have you applied for your SIN yet, did you face any issues and were asked to visit CBSA?

EveyO

Sep 28, 2024
Thank you for your response. I have my SIN no. now. I didn’t have any challenge with the application. I was not told to visit CBSA

iSaidGoodDay

VIP Member
Feb 3, 2023
Kaneda
Thank you for your response. I have my SIN no. now. I didn’t have any challenge with the application. I was not told to visit CBSA
Just asked that if in-case you were never landed as a PR on the system. Seems like that's not the case.

Simply call IRCC and then update your address. Will be very easy and quick. You can also request a call back if an agent isn't available.