+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

How to prove I won't live in Quebec

waywayraymay

May 1, 2019
I completed my master's degree from a University in Quebec and then worked in Quebec for 1 year.
I switched jobs and negotiated with my new employer to work completely remotely from Ontario where I now live even though their offices are in Quebec.
I have a lease agreement proving I live outside Quebec.
Should I withhold the information that I am currently employed by a Quebec company in my CEC application?
Is there anything else I should do to prove my strong intention to live outside Quebec other than my lease agreement?

Please help, any experiences with such situations are highly appreciated.

Thanks in advance.

mstefan

Feb 17, 2021
Burlington, ON
Category........
CEC
NOC Code......
App. Filed.......
17-02-2021
AOR Received.
18-02-2021
Med's Done....
16-02-2021
LANDED..........
27-09-2021
I completed my master's degree from a University in Quebec and then worked in Quebec for 1 year.
I switched jobs and negotiated with my new employer to work completely remotely from Ontario where I now live even though their offices are in Quebec.
I have a lease agreement proving I live outside Quebec.
Should I withhold the information that I am currently employed by a Quebec company in my CEC application?Is there anything else I should do to prove my strong intention to live outside Quebec other than my lease agreement?

Please help, any experiences with such situations are highly appreciated.

Thanks in advance.
If you’re already in Ontario, and in your PR application you wrote that address as your current one, and if in your personal history they can see when you made the move, you won’t have any issue.

I applied 2 months after moving from Montreal to Toronto, still working for the same Quebec company but remotely, they didn’t ask a single question. My PR was approved.

Edit: do not withhold any info! Your case is clean. You already moved. It doesn’t matter for who you work, you’ll pay taxes in Ontario where your residence is.

Reactions: waywayraymay

waywayraymay

May 1, 2019
If you’re already in Ontario, and in your PR application you wrote that address as your current one, and if in your personal history they can see when you made the move, you won’t have any issue.

I applied 2 months after moving from Montreal to Toronto, still working for the same Quebec company but remotely, they didn’t ask a single question. My PR was approved.

Edit: do not withhold any info! Your case is clean. You already moved. It doesn’t matter for who you work, you’ll pay taxes in Ontario where your residence is.
I couldn't tell you how relieved I am after reading your answer!
Thank you so much !

Reactions: mstefan

mstefan

Feb 17, 2021
Burlington, ON
Category........
CEC
NOC Code......
App. Filed.......
17-02-2021
AOR Received.
18-02-2021
Med's Done....
16-02-2021
LANDED..........
27-09-2021
I couldn't tell you how relieved I am after reading your answer!
Thank you so much !
You are very welcome :)

It can be tricky for people who plan to move, but still live in Quebec when their application is processed, but for you it’s different.

I personally didn’t even mention the situation in my letter of explanation. Worst case scenario, if they really have a doubt they can ask you for a proof (lease, driver’s license, health card…) but for you it’s not going to be a problem. In my opinion and based on my personal experience, they won’t ask anything.

Fingers crossed you get it soon!

Reactions: waywayraymay

Cesar55

Aug 6, 2021
If you live in Quebec but were vaccinated elsewhere, ... For example, a visitor from Ontario would show their vaccination document combined.

Upsers