+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

HOW TO: PCC for Qatar/ Middle East Countries with Credit Card Debt

salmunsu

Star Member
Apr 17, 2015
So I went throught the ARDUOUS process of applying for my PCC in Qatar after I had left it 7 years ago. When I applied, I found out that I had a case with credit card debt filed against me for CC payment that I had forgotten to pay when I left the country. (Even though I obtained my PCC when I left the country). After 4 months of no sleep, I finally got it and thought I should put together something to help you all!

The steps:
Apply locally ONLY. If you apply from Canada through the embassy and then locally, it will delay it by a month atleast because they will not entertain multiple applications for the same persons PCC.

Local Procedure:
MAKE SURE YOUR LOCAL REPRESENTATIVE KNOWS ARABIC VERY WELL. NOT KNOWING ARABIC COST ME A MONTH.

1. The CEID department will tell you the court case number that you need to settle. This will help you find out which bank has filed a case against you. For my case, I only had credit cards with one bank so it was easy. I just called QNB and they told me what I need to pay and where I need to go to pay it.

2. Call the bank and find out how much you owe and where to go to settle it. They will give you a number and you can call that number to negotiate with the representative. My Debt was 27,100 QR but he negotiated down to 15,000 QR with me over the phone. My representative in Qatar was further able to reduce it to 12,000 QR by explaining that we did not have the financial capability to pay that much.

3. Ask bank to give you a letter addressing the COURT. MAKE SURE THE LETTER ADDRESSES THE COURT (and if possible the Police Department as well). If you go to the court with a letter not addressed to them, they will not take it.

4. Court will take a couple of days to process your request and see that you have settled tour debt. It will then give you a letter to take to Rayyan POLICE department. There go to the right department to close out your case with the paper that the court gives you. MAKE SURE THE COURT GIVES YOU THE RIGHT PAPER. Confirm with the police that your case is closed and your name is off the blacklist.

5. Go back to CEID and show them the papers and tell them that your case is now settled. They can verify this on their computer and then they will ask you to come in 3-5 days to pick your PCC up.

6 AFTER THIS STEP IT TOOK ME 1 MONTH of running around to get my PCC and nobody could tell me why. One officer finally looked into it and told me that it was because of my application from the embassy. So they would have to cancel my application from the embassy to process my PCC locally. Nobody could give me an ETA. This was very stressful and I applied with a letter of explanation for my PR.

7. 7 days after i applied for my PR i got my PCC.

Agbonmagbe

Apr 8, 2022
Thanks for Sharing. I am also in the same suitation now. I have paid my credit card debit. I applied through the Qatar embassy in Australia, unfourtunatly I have been waiting for 5months no response or update from the Qatar embassy and Qatar CEID regarding my PCC.
Can you please give me the contact of the person that assisted you. Thanks