+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

HOW TO ORDER GCMS NOTES: STEP BY STEP PROCESS!

armoured

VIP Member
Feb 1, 2015
Hi my 3 months old daughter's visa was rejected and I am applying for the GCMC notes, Do I need sign consent form??
We submitted with consent form signed by both parents. (Actually I think we did two separate forms and put an explanatory note, but ours was more complicated as multiple children)

wwww

Star Member
Apr 2, 2020
Can you post your query, i might be able to help.
I have applied for GCMS notes through GetGCMS on March 12th and they responded back that IRCC has asked for extension.

I applied for GCMS notes again on April 21st through one of my friends in Canada but he did not add the proof of citizenship while submitting the request. He did pay from his Canadian Debit card though.

Does he need to send the proof of citizenship to ATIP? They have not yet asked for it.

skn30

Star Member
Jun 1, 2017
I have applied for GCMS notes through GetGCMS on March 12th and they responded back that IRCC has asked for extension.

I applied for GCMS notes again on April 21st through one of my friends in Canada but he did not add the proof of citizenship while submitting the request. He did pay from his Canadian Debit card though.

Does he need to send the proof of citizenship to ATIP? They have not yet asked for it.
If he had forgotten to upload it, probably they might ask later. Don't worry about that.

There is another website which is good as compared to getgcms, me and some of my friends have used it but no one got extension.

Anyways, don't worry, it is not an issue. You are fine.

caipsnotes

Champion Member
Jan 10, 2020
Canada
Category........
FSW
Visa Office......
Buffalo, NY
If he had forgotten to upload it, probably they might ask later. Don't worry about that.

There is another website which is good as compared to getgcms, me and some of my friends have used it but no one got extension.

Anyways, don't worry, it is not an issue. You are fine.
For your friend to have successfully submitted the request "Proof of Right of Access" is required. If your friend did not upload the correct document he will be asked for it later. normally within a few days of submission he should receive an email asking for it and it can be any one of the following documents: a copy of Canadian passport or permanent resident card, or an official document that demonstrates he is currently living in Canada (i.e. a driver's license, bill with proof of address, work/study/visitor permit, etc).

wwww

Star Member
Apr 2, 2020
For your friend to have successfully submitted the request "Proof of Right of Access" is required. If your friend did not upload the correct document he will be asked for it later. normally within a few days of submission he should receive an email asking for it and it can be any one of the following documents: a copy of Canadian passport or permanent resident card, or an official document that demonstrates he is currently living in Canada (i.e. a driver's license, bill with proof of address, work/study/visitor permit, etc).
he submitted the request on 21st April yet no email asking for any document. Is it wise to send ATIP his passport citing the tracking ID?

Last edited:

caipsnotes

Champion Member
Jan 10, 2020
Canada
Category........
FSW
Visa Office......
Buffalo, NY
Your friend can send an email to ATIP dept quoting the temporary tracking number or payment receipt number that was issued to him and include any of the "Proof of Right of Access" documents. Sending an email proactively will not hurt the process even though ATIP has not asked for the info as yet

After submitting your friend will receive an automatic reply; don't be alarmed by the message in it, ATIP is still processing requests. the message will look this...

IRCC currently has reduced operational capacity due to exceptional measures to curb the spread of the novel coronavirus (COVID-19). As a result, there will be significant delays in responding to all requests under the Access to Information Act and the Privacy Act, as well as any emails sent to this email address, during this period.

jaiatluri

Mar 18, 2020
As the website says an individual/organization residing in Canada can apply for the notes, can a friend of mine who is in Canada on a study permit apply on behalf of me?

skn30

Star Member
Jun 1, 2017
As the website says an individual/organization residing in Canada can apply for the notes, can a friend of mine who is in Canada on a study permit apply on behalf of me?
Yes. If you can trust him with your personal information.