+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

how to obtain a new zealand police certificate?

FletcherHubbard

Star Member
Nov 20, 2023
My wife and I have applied for canadian PR(under MPNP programme) and are on the final stages of being approved/denied(hopefully!). We are living in US for the last 3 years, I am an Indian Citizen and my wife is a New Zealand Citizen. We were recently(about 3 months ago) asked by CIC office in Buffallo to provide them Police certificates from India (for me) and New Zealand (for my wife). I received mine from the indian consulate within 2 weeks but we are having difficulties in obtaining the new zealand police certificate.

I called the NZ embassy in DC and they told us that they do not provide any such document and the only document they can provide us, is a New Zealand Ministry of Justice certificate, which contains the criminal records (if any). This is the same information given on the NZ embassy website and NZ police website as well.

I also checked on the CIC website, they have this consent form that we are supposed to fill out and send to the CIC office and they will follow up with appropriate authorities in NZ and obtain the police certificates themselves. The form also says that the Ministry of Justice certificate will not be acceptable. BUT we have already done that and submitted the consent form to Buffallo office 3 months ago and still we received another letter from them asking for the NZ police certificate again.
Speed Test
What do we do now? since NZ embassy/police does not provide any police certificate and the only thing they can give us is a Ministry of Justice certificate, which is not acceptable to CIC.

Not sure what to do, they do not even take phone calls at Buffallo office. The only means to communicate is via email/fax/letters, for which they never respond!

Any guidance/help will be greatly appreciated.
in website i found like...there are two ways to apply for pcc, if I apply in person they can issue in same day!

Last edited: