+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

How To Modify IEC Visa to Include Healthcare Work (From Outside Canada)

nostril

Jan 24, 2015
Hi everyone,

I'm currently living in Australia. I've recently been granted a POE Letter of Introduction to begin a 2 year working holiday. I'm flying into Toronto in early May 2015. I intend to work in healthcare whilst there (I'm a radiographer). However, I've now realised that healthcare workers require a medical exam to be performed before starting work. Although I noted in my CIC questionnaire that intend to work in healthcare, I stated that I would not be providing a medical examination before submitting my application (I assumed that I would be given this option after submitting if it was required). However, it now looks as though I'll be issued a visa that restricts me from healthcare work. Does anyone have any idea how I can alter my application before arriving in Candada? I've emailed the visa office but haven't had any reply yet.

Thanks for your help,

nostril.

FK2014

Dec 10, 2014
Hi nostril,

I don´t know how different the Aistralian working holiday visa is compared to the German.
I cant remember correctly how it was for me as a nurse, but I guess you don´t get your POE Letter without the medical exam. You got it, so I hope you only have to show your medical exam at the boarder, that the officer write in your visa, that you are allowed to work in the healthcare.

My English isn´t good enough to work in the healthcare, but I would really like to and this medical exam costs a couple hundred euros and is only possible to get in some citys. How is it in Australia?

Sorry that I can´t give you better information. Its frustrating that you often don´t get an answer or can´t find someone you could contact.

Good luck and I hope at the end you can work in the healthcare system!

nostril

Jan 24, 2015
Thanks for your reply FK2014. I guess I'll go and get my medical done either way, and hopefully the doctor will upload the results to the system. That way they will be on there when I land.

I have no idea how much it will cost, but I'll let you know!

FK2014

Dec 10, 2014
Thank you nostril and good luck!!!

The medical exam it self wasn´t soo expansive but I had to travel in another city and this travel costs are crazy for a little exam.