+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

How to mail medicines from India for visitors in Canada

sharathsatheesh

Feb 22, 2018
My parents arrived in June and originally planned to stay for six months.
They have prescription medicines for blood sugar and hypertension management. They brought 6 months supply with them.
Now they are planning to stay another 3 months. How can we mail the medication needed for another three months from India?
Is there a procedure to follow or can we just get it mailed with doctor's prescriptions inside the package.? If any has done this previously please share your experience.
Thanks in advance

steaky

VIP Member
Nov 11, 2008
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Can they not go see a walk-in clinic, have the doctor prescribe medicine and then dispense their medicine at a local pharmacy?

scylla

VIP Member
Jun 8, 2010
Toronto
Category........
Visa Office......
Buffalo
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
28-05-2010
AOR Received.
19-08-2010
File Transfer...
28-06-2010
Passport Req..
01-10-2010
VISA ISSUED...
05-10-2010
LANDED..........
05-10-2010
My parents arrived in June and originally planned to stay for six months.
They have prescription medicines for blood sugar and hypertension management. They brought 6 months supply with them.
Now they are planning to stay another 3 months. How can we mail the medication needed for another three months from India?
Is there a procedure to follow or can we just get it mailed with doctor's prescriptions inside the package.? If any has done this previously please share your experience.
Thanks in advance
You should find someone who is traveling to Canada who can carry these medications or see a doctor in Canada to get a prescription in Canada and fill the prescription locally. The second option is the better one since technically people traveling to Canada can only bring medication for themselves.

Prescription medications cannot be mailed internationally to Canada. Of course it's possible CBSA may not notice the package contains pills and allow it through. But a high chance they will simply sieze the package and you won't get the medication.

sharathsatheesh

Feb 22, 2018
You should find someone who is traveling to Canada who can carry these medications or see a doctor in Canada to get a prescription in Canada and fill the prescription locally. The second option is the better one since technically people traveling to Canada can only bring medication for themselves.

Prescription medications cannot be mailed internationally to Canada. Of course it's possible CBSA may not notice the package contains pills and allow it through. But a high chance they will simply sieze the package and you won't get the medication.
Hi, Thanks for your reply. We tried walkin clinics and found most are no longer accepting walk ins or have day long queues. I know we haven't tried exhaustively but I saw in the Canada gov website that
Prescription drugs also have specific import requirements and are only permitted to be imported by a practitioner, a drug manufacturer, a wholesale druggist, a registered pharmacist, or a resident of a foreign country while a visitor in Canada. Canadian residents are generally not permitted to import prescription drugs by mail or courier.
Does this mean visitors can get medications couriered? That is why I was asking.