+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

How to improve writing and speaking score CELPIP

shaliniR

May 22, 2018
I attempted celpip twice
First time: 9 9 8 7
2nd time: 11 11 7 6

It is really disappointing, I felt my speaking was better than previous. But seriously I have no clue , how to improve score.
Please suggest.

Juan Martin

Star Member
Jun 16, 2018
I attempted celpip twice
First time: 9 9 8 7
2nd time: 11 11 7 6

It is really disappointing, I felt my speaking was better than previous. But seriously I have no clue , how to improve score.
Please suggest.
To be honest, I have no clue about CELPIP, but I believe I can help you. I cleared my IELTS test with L9, R9, W7.5, S8.

Few tips.

Listening.
1. Practice everyday.
2. Listen to BBC Learning English.
3. During your test, make use of the time you get to read the questions in advance and guess the answer.
4. If you miss a particular question, don't panic. Don't waste your time on the trying to figure out that answer. Focus on the next question.

Speaking
1. Don't focus too much on using complicated words. Be natural.
2. Wish your examiner.
You can say: Good morning, My name's Shalini. I'm pleased to meet you.
3. After the test, you can say. Thank you, it was nice meeting you.
4.if you have a Cue Card (like in IELTS), make sure you cover all the points in the Cue Card. Don't spend all the time on 1 point in the Cue Card.

Hope this helps.
All the best.

Last edited:

shaliniR

May 22, 2018
Thanks for your suggestions. I will try to follow it. Any specific points for preparing writing section. I thought celpip would be better as I need not worry about spelling as it has spell check in writing and options to select in listening. I guess celpip reading/listening is okay. But in speaking, you have to record your response for specific time given.

Anyway, If I will attempt, I will try IELTS though it has it’s own challenges.

Please suggest about writing section too.