+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

How to get Visa file transfer from India to UK

prateek2485

Sep 16, 2014
Med's Request
28-09-201
Hi All,

I have posted few queries earlier and all replies have been helpful.

I got my PPR request today from New Delhi Visa Office to submit my passport within 30 days, or else my application may get rejected. However, I am currently in UK on my company assignment for next 6 months and CANNOT go back as this is very critical and there's no other resource to do my work. Let's not discuss that :)

I want to know how to get my file transferred to the UK embassy. I replied to the email I received from delhi immigration email address, saying that I request for a file transfer to UK as I am currently here and cannot come back to India for atleast 5-6 months. I am not sure if they will reply to me, if they accepted the request or not. Should I wait for their response or just assume that they will transfer my file?

Also,
1. Is it possible if I send my passport to India (via spouse) and submit for canada visa? Will it not be questionable that there is no EXIT in passport from UK to India.??
2. Can I send a written application along with passport that I am in UK and cannot come back, hence sending the passport via my spouse? Will that be acceptable?

Also, please help suggesting what is the quickest and suggested approach to get my file transferred. Since I have only 30 days to take a decision, please suggest how to proceed further on this.

thanks in advance to all.

rgds
prateek

jazibkg

Apr 4, 2014
I'm speaking of my own similar experience, of living in the UK and sending passport to Pakistan for Canada visa.

Prateek, there is no exit stamps from the UK. UKBA doesn't do exit immigration checks.

1) It is possible to do that, send your passport to India. It is not questionable, I was in a similar situation and I sent my passport to my family in Pakistan for the visa to be stamped into my passport. My family then compiled all the passports and sent them to the embassy in Islamabad together.

2) There shouldn't actually be any need for that. Remember, whenever dealing with western commonwealth countries, only provide and response the exact thing they require - there is never any need to complicate matters by introducing matters they didn't ask for - they requested your passport, send them your passport.

So long story short, there is never going to be an EXIT on your passport from the UK anyways. If you were to depart from an airport in the UK, UKBA/UK Visas and Immigration/Home Office will not stamp your passport - you may not even pass through an immigration check. Indian airports may stamp 'entry', recording the travels on your passport as such; but there wouldn't be an exit stamp from the UK per se.

prateek2485

Sep 16, 2014
Med's Request
28-09-201
What after PPR ?

Hi All,

I wanted to know the next steps after the PPR is received. I have rcvd PPR and submitted my passport to NDVO. I am expecting the visa stamping to be done in a month or so.

After I get that, do we have to travel to canada immediately to obtain green card? Is there a specific duration for that? I am getting the immigration for myself and spouse, can my spouse travel to canada to get the green card or I have to travel as well? If yes, can I come back early or I have to stay there for a month or so?

Any other steps to take care of or consider after the visa stamping is done? Please help suggest.

I am excited nowadays, things are almost done :)

thanks all for ur help always
prateek :) :)

ttrajan

Champion Member
Oct 14, 2013
Category........
AINP
Job Offer........
Yes
LANDED..........
15-08-2012
Pr visa Is valid upto one year from your medicals. You need to enter Canada first to get pr card. We need to give Canada address to receive our pr card. Your wife can enter later or travel with you before expiry of pr visa. We will get pr card in one month time to our canada address. To renter canada later, we need or card. We should be in Canada 2 out of 5 years to retain our pr status.

rrbross

Aug 8, 2014
Congrats Prateek,

Sorry I don't have an answer for your queries. But did you send your passport in a courier to your family in India? Is it safe? Did the courier company knew it was a passport and did they accept it?

ttrajan

Champion Member
Oct 14, 2013
Category........
AINP
Job Offer........
Yes
LANDED..........
15-08-2012
We can not send indian passports outside country by courier.

prateek2485

Sep 16, 2014
Med's Request
28-09-201
Thanks Rajan for your response.

@ rrbross - No I did not send the passport by courier. My wife travelled from UK to India and carried my passport with her along with an authority letter to submit in the VFS center in Delhi.

@ Rajan - Just to re-confirm, we have to submit the passports in VFS center right? For visa stamping...???

thanks
prateek

canadadba

Star Member
Sep 16, 2014
Hi prateek,

Congrats , from where did u submit medical n Pcc ? I applied from fsw 2014 n will be soonly moving to uk on company assignment.. Not received per yet.

Have u applied under fsw2014 ? When u got per and when u got med n Pcc request and when u moved uk ? Please it will help me buddy looks like ur planning is excellent. If u don't wanna share here at least send me the details in private message.

Congrats once again .

prateek2485

Sep 16, 2014
Med's Request
28-09-201
Hi buddy,

I applied in FSW 2014 in May.. and my file processing started in Sept 2014. I was asked to submit my Medicals and RPRF payment when I was in UK. I submitted my PCC along with all documents in May.. so I think thats why I was not asked for it again.

I contacted a hospital whose name was given on CIC website in UK, and gave my medical ... they submitted the report online and i was able to see the status of medical reports received on CIC website in my account in 2-3 days.

After the medicals, I got a mail after 1.5 months to submit the passports. I could not go back to india due to co. assignment, so I spoke to VFS customer care and they said that i can send the passport via someone in family (spouse / parents) with an authority letter. I did that and it is accepted and now it is in process for visa stamping.. as per VFS, i should get the passport within 2 weeks time.

Almost there now :) feeling happy & excited.

let me know if you have any more queries.

thnx

prateek2485

Sep 16, 2014
Med's Request
28-09-201
Hi,

Nothing specific, just mention that you are authorising your spouse/parent name to carry your passport to India to submit in the VFS centre for Visa Stamping.

mention your passport number, your contact number, and say that you can be contacted for any info reqd.
sign the letter and give 2 copies, 1 for VFS and 1 to receive the passport.

I GOT MY PR TODAY.... :) :) :) :)

Thank you everyone for your help & support. I am going to fly to Canada in March...

cheers
prateek