+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

how to get the police clearance certificate request form from CIC?

narayananajithkumar

Star Member
Mar 27, 2017
India
Category........
FSW
Visa Office......
Bangalore
NOC Code......
IELTS Request
20-02-2016
Med's Done....
14-06-2017
VISA ISSUED...
19-09-2017
Hi guys/ gals

I have received my ITA and now is in the process of completing the Permanent residency application form....I have used the GCKey mode of registration for the entire process. Now I am confused on how to complete the application process. I have completed the Permanent Residency application form and then pressed the continue button. It is then directed to the Document checklist page. Now, I want to know how to get the request form from the CIC as mentioned in their information page. It is mentioned like this

Citizenship and Immigration Canada will send you a letter requesting a police certificate after you send your Application for Permanent Residence. You must bring that letter when you apply for a Police Certificate.

Now I am not sure how to get this request letter as I am unable to complete the application without uploading the documents. I am stuck at this step currently.

Kindly guide me with this process. Hope I have made my issue clear.

_Harry_

Sep 29, 2016
I don't think you need PC from CIC. You just need to apply it from your local police station. There is a govt fee for that. Just pay the fee. You just need to scan the PC police give you and upload it.

iamxty

Champion Member
Mar 13, 2017
Singapore
Category........
PNP
NOC Code......
App. Filed.......
09-07-2017
Nomination.....
01-08-2017
AOR Received.
07-09-2017
File Transfer...
04-11-2017
Passport Req..
08-03-2018
For some countries like Singapore where I reside, you need to request a letter from CIC to get a police clearance.

Check the requirements for your country:
http://www.cic.gc.ca/english/information/security/police-cert/index.asp

Do I need to provide a Police Certificate for Express Entry?

Yes, but only after you submit your application. When you apply for permanent residence, you will be asked to upload a police certificate. Instead, you must upload a document that states: “I am applying from a country that requires an official request letter from IRCC to get a police certificate.”

We will then review your application. If it is otherwise complete, we will send you more information on how to get a police certificate. Please read the instructions above for more information.

We will not accept police certificates sent by mail for Express Entry applications.

4RyL

Jun 6, 2017
For some countries like Singapore where I reside, you need to request a letter from CIC to get a police clearance.

Check the requirements for your country:
http://www.cic.gc.ca/english/information/security/police-cert/index.asp

Do I need to provide a Police Certificate for Express Entry?

Yes, but only after you submit your application. When you apply for permanent residence, you will be asked to upload a police certificate. Instead, you must upload a document that states: “I am applying from a country that requires an official request letter from IRCC to get a police certificate.”

We will then review your application. If it is otherwise complete, we will send you more information on how to get a police certificate. Please read the instructions above for more information.

We will not accept police certificates sent by mail for Express Entry applications.
sO EVEN IF YOU HAVE LEFT THE COUNTRY, YOU WILL STILL HAVE TO UPLOAD A LETTER STATING WHAT IS HIGHLIGHTED IN RED IN ORDER TO SUBMIT YOUR APPLICATION?

iamxty

Champion Member
Mar 13, 2017
Singapore
Category........
PNP
NOC Code......
App. Filed.......
09-07-2017
Nomination.....
01-08-2017
AOR Received.
07-09-2017
File Transfer...
04-11-2017
Passport Req..
08-03-2018
sO EVEN IF YOU HAVE LEFT THE COUNTRY, YOU WILL STILL HAVE TO UPLOAD A LETTER STATING WHAT IS HIGHLIGHTED IN RED IN ORDER TO SUBMIT YOUR APPLICATION?
Yes. Did you stay in Singapore for more than 6 months?

Reactions: 4RyL

spth38

Jan 11, 2014
Category........
FSW
NOC Code......
App. Filed.......
07-04-2017
Doc's Request.
19-06-2017
Nomination.....
N/A
AOR Received.
07-04-2017
IELTS Request
Upfront
Med's Request
Upfront
Med's Done....
08-06-2017
Passport Req..
30-08-2017
VISA ISSUED...
26-09-2017
LANDED..........
19-10-2017
yes..Ghana
Do a search on Singapore PCC - seniors have said they can get the PCC without the request letter from CIC. They just print out the ITA letter and show it to the officer. You can either try it or still wait for the letter from CIC but it will delay your process because they send the request letter like 10 days after med pass. (Like my case for HK PCC which the police department must see the letter from CIC so I got around day 68 after I submitted my application).

Reactions: 4RyL and iamxty

pino1130

Star Member
May 22, 2017
Do a search on Singapore PCC - seniors have said they can get the PCC without the request letter from CIC. They just print out the ITA letter and show it to the officer. You can either try it or still wait for the letter from CIC but it will delay your process because they send the request letter like 10 days after med pass. (Like my case for HK PCC which the police department must see the letter from CIC so I got around day 68 after I submitted my application).
I need a PCC from the Netherlands, and CIC also mentions that they'll send a letter after AOR. However, I tried to apply with my ITA and the Dutch government issued me the PCC already. Should I just upload it in my e_APR or should I wait for IRCC to send me the request? I just thought that may be uploading it now might be seen as unacceptable? Thank you

thestunner316

Champion Member
Feb 6, 2016
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
I need a PCC from the Netherlands, and CIC also mentions that they'll send a letter after AOR. However, I tried to apply with my ITA and the Dutch government issued me the PCC already. Should I just upload it in my e_APR or should I wait for IRCC to send me the request? I just thought that may be uploading it now might be seen as unacceptable? Thank you
you can upload it now, its fine

Reactions: pino1130

spth38

Jan 11, 2014
Category........
FSW
NOC Code......
App. Filed.......
07-04-2017
Doc's Request.
19-06-2017
Nomination.....
N/A
AOR Received.
07-04-2017
IELTS Request
Upfront
Med's Request
Upfront
Med's Done....
08-06-2017
Passport Req..
30-08-2017
VISA ISSUED...
26-09-2017
LANDED..........
19-10-2017
You can upload it now. That's fine.

Billoo3108

Star Member
Sep 22, 2017
Hi Pino,

I think you can help me with plenty of questions I have towards applying for NL PCC.
I guess you have already been through process for NL PCC, would you mind letting me know the following:

I am yet to submit my PR application and was thinking of initiating this process but it seems to procure NL PCC they require official letter from Canada Immigration, so my question what is right time to initiate NL PCC?

How much time does it take to get NL Police Clearance?

What documents are required ?

Do we need to send physical passport on postal mail ?

I see that there is an email id vog.np.rni@minvenj.nl where documents can be sent , so do we still send it on postal mail ?

Looking forward to your response as I need your inputs desperately.

Thank You

sadareen

Sep 11, 2018
Category........
FSW
NOC Code......
AOR Received.
29-04-2019
Med's Done....
06-06-2019
Hi Pino,

I think you can help me with plenty of questions I have towards applying for NL PCC.
I guess you have already been through process for NL PCC, would you mind letting me know the following:

I am yet to submit my PR application and was thinking of initiating this process but it seems to procure NL PCC they require official letter from Canada Immigration, so my question what is right time to initiate NL PCC?

How much time does it take to get NL Police Clearance?

What documents are required ?

Do we need to send physical passport on postal mail ?

I see that there is an email id vog.np.rni@minvenj.nl where documents can be sent , so do we still send it on postal mail ?

Looking forward to your response as I need your inputs desperately.

Thank You

Hi Billoo3108, were you able to get your NL PCC.
I also want to get my NL PCC, however, I am not sure whether I need to apply before getting an ITA or after.
How to do this process without a letter from CIC?

Billoo3108

Star Member
Sep 22, 2017
Hi Billoo3108, were you able to get your NL PCC.
I also want to get my NL PCC, however, I am not sure whether I need to apply before getting an ITA or after.
How to do this process without a letter from CIC?
Hi Sardeen,

Yes I got NL PCC after I got ITA.

You can use ITA letter from CIC.

It takes a week for NL Justis to issue to the NL PCC. If you have anyone in NL to recieve the letter then provide his or her address and letter shall reach them and they can scan the document and send it on email.
If you brining it to yourself and you are outside NL , then it might take some time to reach you.

Thanks

Reactions: sadareen

sadareen

Sep 11, 2018
Category........
FSW
NOC Code......
AOR Received.
29-04-2019
Med's Done....
06-06-2019
Hi Sardeen,

Yes I got NL PCC after I got ITA.

You can use ITA letter from CIC.

It takes a week for NL Justis to issue to the NL PCC. If you have anyone in NL to recieve the letter then provide his or her address and letter shall reach them and they can scan the document and send it on email.
If you brining it to yourself and you are outside NL , then it might take some time to reach you.

Thanks
Thank you so much for your helpful response.
This is interesting, so I can use my Dutch friend's address in the VOG Application Form so that Justis can send VOG to NL address?
It seems this is the best and quickest way to get the VOG for me.
So you are saying CIC will not give any separate letter for requesting VOG? And that I can simply use the ITA letter as an official document in place of Section 2.6 of the Application form, right? In such a case, do I still need to fill the Authorization Form? Since the VOG will be reaching my friend's NL address but he will not be physically going to submit my Application, as I will be sending all my PDF docs and Application online to Justis via email.
I also remember that I was given a Citizen Service Number (BSN) while I had a Dutch Residence Permit in Netherlands while doing my Master's degree (2014-16). Do I need to write this number in the Application Form?
One last question, do you know what is the best option to pay their fees of € 41.35 to the ING Bank in Amsterdam, NL from India?
Is it possible that my Dutch Friend pays on my behalf and gets a pdf receipt that contains my name? Since he is in NL, it would be easier for him to pay rather than me paying from India.

Thanks a lot again for your help, you are a godsend.