+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

How to get points for Bachelor's degree + 1yr diploma

ashishagarwal

Jan 24, 2019
Hello,

I am in the process of applying for permanent residency to Canada using the Express Entry system. I have completed my IELTS and received my WES evaluation.

For my degree, I completed a 5 year integrated Masters program from India. However WES evaluated it as
"Bachelor's degree and postgraduate diploma (one year)"

When I go through the CRS calculator on the website (http://www.cic.gc.ca/english/immigrate/skilled/crs-tool.asp), it has the following options for the education requirements -
  • Bachelor's degree (three or more year program at a university, college or trade school)
  • Two or more certificates, diplomas or degrees. One must be for a program of 3 years or more
  • Masters degree, or professional degree needed to practice in a licensed profession

When filling out the express entry profiles, there are 2 questions -

Q1. Level of Education
Q2. Level of education (Canadian equivalent) shown on Education Credential Assessment (ECA) report Your ECA report will tell you if your foreign education is equal to a completed Canadian degree, diploma or certificate

None of these have the option to provide "Two or more certificates" as was evaluated by WES.

The answer to Q1 can be "Masters degree"
If the answer to question 2 is Bachelor's degree, then how do I get the points for the rest of the masters ?

Thanks everyone

Last edited: