+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

How to get nominated on EE for the OINP Human Capital Priorities Stream?

butters1690

Star Member
Aug 21, 2015
Hi,

Any thoughts on this?
I have my CRS score as 438 right now and meet all the requirements for OINP's human capital priorities stream.

How do I get them to nominate me to apply for OINP?
Is it just a random draw by OINP?

mikko008

Feb 3, 2016
Vancouver, BC
Visa Office......
Vancouver
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Yes
App. Filed.......
13-OCT-2016
Doc's Request.
4-NOV-2016
Nomination.....
10-NOV-2016
AOR Received.
13-APR-2017
IELTS Request
N/A
File Transfer...
Unknown
Med's Request
01-03-2018
Med's Done....
05-03-2018
Interview........
N/A
Passport Req..
Not Yet
VISA ISSUED...
Not Yet
LANDED..........
Not Yet (Inland Applicant)
Hi There,

Basically, yes. You will need to wait for OINP to send you an invitation to apply, then you can apply through the OINP-HCPP stream. They will draw on a regular basis from candidates who have CRS score of 400 or above. There is also a maximum intake cap for this specific stream. So it depends on your luck whether you can be selected or not; i.e. how many seats were left for this stream at the moment when you entered the pool.

HoPe90

Nov 19, 2015
Category........
Visa Office......
IN LAND
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
13/01/2016
Doc's Request.
22/11/2016
Nomination.....
06/12/2016
AOR Received.
19/07/2016
also depending on how long you have been waiting, if you have been waiting for over a month , try withdrawing your profile and re submitting.

Stanlee

VIP Member
Jan 29, 2016
butters1690 said:
Hi,

Any thoughts on this?
I have my CRS score as 438 right now and meet all the requirements for OINP's human capital priorities stream.

How do I get them to nominate me to apply for OINP?
Is it just a random draw by OINP?
If your CRS score is 400+, you are eligible to receive PT Notification of Interest from OINP. As per the trend that we have seen, you should get an invite within a week or two. In case you dont, I would suggest you to create a new EE profile. This worked for many applicants, they got Ontario PT Notification of Interest for Nomination within a week of creating a new EE profile. In fact, OINP also suggests candidates to do so as per their update dated November 24, 2015 (given below).

"It has come to our attention that technical issues may have resulted in candidates not receiving Notification of Interest (NOI) though they believe they meet the criteria for Ontario’s Express Entry streams. If you believe you fall into this category and have not received an NOI within one month of submitting your EE profile, we encourage you to create a new profile in the EE system. If you create a new EE profile, you must delete your old profile."

You can find the full update here. http://www.ontarioimmigration.ca/en/pnp/OI_PNPNEW.html

butters1690

Star Member
Aug 21, 2015
Hi,

Thanks for the information!
I've withdrawn my old EE profile and re-created a new one. The only thing is that the 'job bank registration' verifcation part is still 'pending' and might take a while.. ugh.
Anyone knows how long the job bank registration on EE would take to switch from 'pending' to 'accepted'?

I don't think there's a way to completely delete the 'withdrawn' profile. It'll just stay on your CIC account, but it is withdrawn so it isn't active. I wouldn't worry much about it.

Stanlee

VIP Member
Jan 29, 2016
butters1690 said:
Hi,

Thanks for the information!
I've withdrawn my old EE profile and re-created a new one. The only thing is that the 'job bank registration' verifcation part is still 'pending' and might take a while.. ugh.
Anyone knows how long the job bank registration on EE would take to switch from 'pending' to 'accepted'?

I don't think there's a way to completely delete the 'withdrawn' profile. It'll just stay on your CIC account, but it is withdrawn so it isn't active. I wouldn't worry much about it.
I think it is around 24 hours.

esd

Feb 11, 2016
Hello guys, I have a question regarding the OINP Human Capital stream.

I did my MBA from Canada and is currently doing my PhD. Since International students can apply for FSW thus I am applying there. Now is there any chance that I can get nominated by OINP. I am asking this because in many PNP international students cannot apply to fsw as long as they are pursuing a degree. Please note that my CRS point is 456.

Stanlee

VIP Member
Jan 29, 2016
esd said:
Hello guys, I have a question regarding the OINP Human Capital stream.

I did my MBA from Canada and is currently doing my PhD. Since International students can apply for FSW thus I am applying there. Now is there any chance that I can get nominated by OINP. I am asking this because in many PNP international students cannot apply to fsw as long as they are pursuing a degree. Please note that my CRS point is 456.
For PhD students OINP has a stream called International Students – PhD Graduates Stream. You can refer to the links below for more details.

Who can apply? http://www.ontarioimmigration.ca/en/pnp/OI_PNPSTUDENTS_PHD_WHO.html
How to apply? http://www.ontarioimmigration.ca/en/pnp/OI_PNPSTUDENTS_PHDAPPLY.html