+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

how to get a PR card for a baby

S.J.

May 2, 2010
Dear All:

I wish someone would answer my question. My friend is a permenant resident and he lives in Dubai. he had a newborn baby in Dubai after his landing to Canada, how can he get a PR card for his baby?

Thanks for your help.

PMM

VIP Member
Jun 30, 2005
HI

S.J. said:
Dear All:

I wish someone would answer my question. My friend is a permenant resident and he lives in Dubai. he had a newborn baby in Dubai after his landing to Canada, how can he get a PR card for his baby?

Thanks for your help.
As it is unlikely that a TRV (visitor visa) will be issued for the child, one parent has to return to Canada to sponsor the child and remain in Canada during the sponsorship.

Asif_786

Star Member
Apr 26, 2010
Mississauga
Category........
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Thanks for the reply.

I am desperately looking for details to try out this option for the new born but not finding any information as "how to apply"? Any application form, document checklist etc etc would be a great help.

regards,
Asif

asashassan

Nov 8, 2008
Dear Asif,

I am facing the same situation as you are.

We will be traveling to Canada for landing purposes for couple of weeks in August 2010 and then come back to Dubai. We are expecting our baby's delivery in Dec 2010 after which we plan to shift to canada for good.

I am also wondering and looking for ways to get my baby's PR from Dubai so that we are able to go together next year.

Please do let me know if you find out ways to achieve this.

Kind regards

ndpadin

Star Member
Feb 4, 2010
Vietnam
Category........
Visa Office......
Manila
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
29-03-2010
Doc's Request.
29-03-2010
AOR Received.
05-04-2010
Med's Request
19-7-2010 dated 5-7-2010, newborn 21/2/2011
Med's Done....
23-7-2010 sent to CEM 26-7-2010,newborn 23/2/2011
Interview........
waived
Passport Req..
12-August-2010(1st without newborn yet),2nd-10/3/2011
asashassan said:
Dear Asif,

I am facing the same situation as you are.

We will be traveling to Canada for landing purposes for couple of weeks in August 2010 and then come back to Dubai. We are expecting our baby's delivery in Dec 2010 after which we plan to shift to canada for good.

I am also wondering and looking for ways to get my baby's PR from Dubai so that we are able to go together next year.

Please do let me know if you find out ways to achieve this.

Kind regards
I'm in the same boat also as a principal applicant I am on my six months of pregnancy expecting to received our passport back very soon. My problem now if I give birth this coming November, How can I declare the new born baby in our application. I have done the research that once the visa office issued you the visa your case is already considered closed so there is no other way to declare the new born baby.

In your case, why not giving birth in Canada and then come back after the delivery. That would be safe and less hassle as to the documentation of your baby. Automatically he will be considered as canadian citizen.

Hope others will share their views too.

Asif_786

Star Member
Apr 26, 2010
Mississauga
Category........
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
I have applied for sponsorship and immigration for the new born from within Canada., Sposorship got approved and immigration case is in progress with local VISA office back home who will issue the VISA to the baby.

Thanks,
Asif

bertdsz

Feb 26, 2011
Hi Asif,

Are u in Canada or in another country? Can u pls give me a detailed procedure of how to get this done? what is the link to the form etc Thanks

Asif_786

Star Member
Apr 26, 2010
Mississauga
Category........
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
http://www.soscanada2000.com/settsers/settsers/imm/procd/appforms/insidecan/spouscommadp/IMM3900E.pdf

IMM3900E is the guide, i suggest you go through it and you will get most of the answers to your questions. Feel free to ask where you need any help.

Thanks,
Asif

sherin0621

Star Member
Jun 14, 2009
Category........
Visa Office......
london
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
IELTS Request
no
Med's Request
25/3/2010
Med's Done....
15/4/2010
Interview........
waived
Passport Req..
req..24/12/2010 ..sent on 30/12/2010
VISA ISSUED...
in process to decision made on 18/1/2011/visa issued on 17th
LANDED..........
planning in march
hi

chances are very rare to issue a pr card for your baby coz i did not get one for my baby...

Asif_786

Star Member
Apr 26, 2010
Mississauga
Category........
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Hi,

Can you please explain as I can see VISA issued in your case details? Isnt it all that we need for the baby and PR will be processed after the landing?

Your comment made me worried, please explain.

Thanks,
Asif

bertdsz

Feb 26, 2011
Hello everyone,

Please go to the website and apply for a TRV (Temporary Resident Visa) for the baby if u want to permanently relocate .this will require you to submit these forms along with supporting documents to the embassy. Thereafter (approx 4 weeks processing time) they will ask for baby's medicals to be done to issue a temporary resident permit(TRP). This may require you to show them your resignation letters and proof of cancellation of visas to prove that you will not come back . This will take an additional 4 weeks. when u land in Canada, you can then sponsor the baby from there.

The contact who found this out will be leaving for canada later this year but he has got this info.

I hope this helps.

Cappuccino

VIP Member
Jun 23, 2009
Category........
Visa Office......
London
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
30-Aug-2010
AOR Received.
15-Dec-2010
IELTS Request
Sent with app - 8.5 band score
Med's Request
13-Apr-2011
Med's Done....
19-Apr-2011
Passport Req..
28-June-2011
VISA ISSUED...
21-July-2011
LANDED..........
27-Aug-2011[br][br]ECAS[br]Recd By VO.....: 11-Feb-2011[br]In Process.......: 15-Mar-2011[br]Decision Made.: 25-Jun-2011
We are planning to hopefully start a family over the next year or two. My wife is not currently pregnant and we are approaching the medicals stage of our PR visa (currently just husband and wife, FSW1, with wife as PA).

We will hopefully complete our record of landing this summer, go back to the UK to sort out selling our house and tie up loose ends and hopefully move to Canada permanently Jan/Feb 2012. That's the current plan!

A few questions then relating to this:
1) What happens if my wife gets pregnant before we land? I assume we need to fill in the forms to add our child to our visa application / do the appropriate medicals etc and make sure we don't land until the baby is born?
2) If we move to Canada then have our child I think since we are both PRs our child would be a citizen anyway?
3) What happens if my wife were to get pregnant in between landing and moving to Canada? Are we then in a position where we need to decide to have the baby in Canada (and it is a Canadian citizen) or have the baby here and then sponsor it?

I kind of half understand this but just trying to future-proof our plans at this stage ;)

Wayne.