Star Member
Mar 14, 2010
Category........
Visa Office......
Singapore
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
how can i get 7 in writing part?? please if any one have any practical experience having 7 in writing, share their valuable advice.....

q2hassan

Star Member
Mar 5, 2010
Karachi
Category........
Visa Office......
London, UK
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
03-12-2009
Doc's Request.
documents sent on 22th june received on 24th june(AZIZW)
AOR Received.
ECAS 'Received by Visa office 'changed on 24th Aug 2010 waiting for 2nd AOR
write the essay first then letter and remember the tips ... u get from web sites..

upp942

May 27, 2010
USA
Category........
Visa Office......
Buffalo >> Ottawa
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
25-May-2010
Doc's Request.
01-Nov-2010
AOR Received.
23-May-2011
IELTS Request
submitted with initial application
Med's Request
02-May-2012 (post mark)
Med's Done....
24-May-2012
Interview........
waived
Passport Req..
01-Nov-12
VISA ISSUED...
14-Nov-12
Kartic said:
how can i get 7 in writing part?? please if any one have any practical experience having 7 in writing, share their valuable advice.....
hi kartic

If I remembered correctly, when I took the writing portion of the test, they wanted me to write about four specific topics related to arts and whether it is advantageous or disadvantageous to teach them in school.

I wrote down a total of six paragraphs. The first paragraph was my introduction and whether I agree or disagree with the said topic. The second to fifth paragraphs were breakdowns of the four specific topics and why they are advantageous or disadvantageous to my statement The last paragraph was just the conclusion and the restatement of whether I agree or disagree with the topic.

You can actually write down stuff even if you just made them up. They give you scores based on how well you organize your statements and not on how correct or truthful your information is.

I hope this helps.

ohcanada2010

Jun 9, 2010
Category........
Visa Office......
Manila 11/2008 ---> Tokyo 12/2008
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Med's Request
March 2010
Med's Done....
April 2010
Passport Req..
June 03, 2010
VISA ISSUED...
June 25, 2010
LANDED..........
June 30 , 2010
Hello,
i took the test last year.

when i started writing the second part of the exam, i had no idea what i needed to write.
plus, the subject was something that i had no experience with nor previous education.

so i kept to the 5 paragraph essay system.
1st paragraph; Introduction with Thesis Statement
2nd, 3rd, 4th paragraphs: Body with strong Topics Sentences
5th Paragraph: Conclusion with restating Thesis Statement

for each paragraph, i only had one sentence, which was the topic sentence.
i have nothing to back it up.

though i only wrote something like 9 sentences, i got and 6.5 on the writing section of the test.
i think they are only looking for structure.

good luck. i hope this helps

angeleye

Nov 29, 2009
Category........
Visa Office......
BIQ HK
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
16-04-2010
Nomination.....
CSQ Received: 19-09-2011
LANDED..........
23-05-2012
practice, practice, and practice. write as much as possible, on different topics. try to pick each and every topic, no matter how stupid it is. then plan your points and try to write it down whatever comes in your mind. then re-structure it. initially you may have problem, but by the time you will get perfect in writing only those points which are relevant and automatically deleting the extra ones. thats what i did.

regards

alvs

Star Member
Oct 12, 2009
Check Your Work
It is more important to have a shorter paper that is well written and well organized, than a longer paper that is poorly written and poorly organized. Remember though that you will be penalized for answers shorter than the required minimum limit. Don’t keep writing about a subject just to add words and sentences, and certainly don’t start repeating yourself. Expand on the ideas that you identified in the brainstorming session and make sure that you save yourself a few minutes at the end to go back and check your work.

if any one like to have speaking,writing,listening training and reading strategies online please add me at tomy_nice2000@yahoo.com or visit http://onlineieltshelp.blogspot.com
Thanks
Raj

asad100101

Jun 28, 2010
Karachi
Category........
Visa Office......
Islamabad
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Follow a well-defined structure like introduction, body, and conclusion. Demonstrate some lexical variety. It will give your structure a strength. Trust me. You will not score less than 7.0 if you show some variety in this aspect of your writing. I'm talking about this from experience.

Brainstorm some ideas in advance regarding given topics and write them down on your question paper. Take 4-5 mins for brainstorming. It will save you from facing a lot of hassles in organizing your essay.

Also, make sure there are no misspellings and subject-verb agreements are in parallel.

That's it. Keep practicing!

gcctocanada

Jun 12, 2010
Bahrain
Category........
Visa Office......
London
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
3/5/10
AOR Received.
4/15/10
IELTS Request
4/15/10
File Transfer...
9/23/10
Med's Request
6/20/13
Med's Done....
7/17/13- with PC and RPRF
Passport Req..
9/10/2013
VISA ISSUED...
10/06/2013
LANDED..........
12/9/2013 EDMONTON
when it is about writing, you will get any topic imaginable or even those I didn't imagine under the sun. What I learned from my IELTS Writing B-7, you have to have any opinion on every/any topic. Don't study the topic itself ( it will flood your brain :) ) but study what are the body of an essay. (You Tube have a very helpful site) http://www.youtube.com/user/EnglishRyan#p/a/f/1/bLk86Iho1Qo , very helpful.

The writing test is about time pressure and brain function, the best way to survive is have a lot of practice...with a timer or alarm for Task 1- 20minutes and Task 2- 40minutes before you take the actual exam. The exam is made for that time frame by experts and also to be done in that sequence. So stay calm and go through the task systematically. With practice it gets easier in every topic attempt.

God bless.