+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

How to fill gap?

Lucymax

Jul 10, 2018
I completed my bachelor's degree in 2014 there after I was looking for a job. Finally I got a job only after 1.2 years. Now I have 2 year experience and i want to get an master degree from Canada but this 1.2 year gap is a problem?

India is the second largest population country and getting a job is very different. How can I fill this gap? Please help me? I cannot fake certificate and ruin my career. Can someone help me???????

AKSHAYCHAUHAN181

Aug 31, 2018
i guess that gap is not a prblm as u have 2 year experience after that i would suggest that explain ur situation in ur sop it might help

Lucymax

Jul 10, 2018
The problem arise whennever I meet an agency. Majority of the agency is forceing me to show a gap certificate. They need experience certificate or something similar. How do I present this when I have none.

selvakk

Champion Member
Nov 28, 2018
The problem arise whennever I meet an agency. Majority of the agency is forceing me to show a gap certificate. They need experience certificate or something similar. How do I present this when I have none.
Don't use an agency, it's not that difficult to do it yourself. As long as you explain in SOP there is no need of such certificate. They are asking you to doctor documents which shows that you were doing some work, do not do that.

Reactions: rogelcorral

rogelcorral

Champion Member
Jun 15, 2018
Follow @selvakk’s advice, you can do it yourself. Information from IRCC website is very straightforward. A lot of applicants were approved without using agents. If an applicant cannot comprehend the simple instructions from the IRCC website, they might have a problem later on in their studies in Canada where the mode of instruction is the same as the english style from Canada’s government website. Some portion may be unclear, but the majority would be easy enough to understand and follow.

luvanuj

Jul 14, 2011
Toronto
I completed my bachelor's degree in 2014 there after I was looking for a job. Finally I got a job only after 1.2 years. Now I have 2 year experience and i want to get an master degree from Canada but this 1.2 year gap is a problem?

India is the second largest population country and getting a job is very different. How can I fill this gap? Please help me? I cannot fake certificate and ruin my career. Can someone help me???????

Gap is not an issue for studying in a university. I have seen people with more than 5 years of gap get admission in a university program.

Lucymax

Jul 10, 2018
I know gap is not an issue but majority of the agencies are not allowing me to register for a course without filling the gap. I know there is no need to visit an agency, I can register a course by myself but the problem is, I don't know where to start, what all things do I need. If I visit an agency they will take care of the rest.

selvakk

Champion Member
Nov 28, 2018
I know gap is not an issue but majority of the agencies are not allowing me to register for a course without filling the gap. I know there is no need to visit an agency, I can register a course by myself but the problem is, I don't know where to start, what all things do I need. If I visit an agency they will take care of the rest.
Ok, there is nothing really that difficult.

First get documents for college/university admission scanned and into your PC

General,ly this is

1) 10th and 1mark sheet
2) IELTS Certificate
3) Bachelors or higher degree certificate and all semester wise mark sheet ( if you have and if it is required by the college/university)

Go to google and search for your desired college, there are many sites that will claim to give you an easy to search menu. What I suggest is to go to

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_of_colleges_in_Canada

This will have a list of all the major colleges sorted out by province. Search that college on google and then you will get their website. Search what program you want and see what the requirements are and get all that ready and scanned. You can also see the fees here. There will be a "apply now" on the website which will take you to the applications page. Ensure that you are applying as an international student as domestic students are often told to go to ontariocolleges.ca. International students can directly apply. There will be a fee of 75-100 CAD that you will have to pay. So do your research and apply.

For the visa, follow this guide from canada.ca

https://www.canada.ca/en/immigration-refugees-citizenship/services/study-canada/study-permit/apply.html

It is very easy and people are ready to help you in this forum.

From personal experience, I applied in Humber college with my last education qualification being in 2014 and I got accepted without being asked about my work history. Your acceptance is on your academic performance and not when you got your degree. Agents want to push you to colleges which give them money. They will say that only this certain college will accept a gap which is all BS. If you're going for an agent you need to be like a hose jockey and hold the horse right, otherwise the horse ( the agent ) will run away and you wont have any control. If you are going by agent don't leave everything to them.

Reactions: Lucymax

rogelcorral

Champion Member
Jun 15, 2018
You can start by reading information from IRCC website: https://www.canada.ca/en/immigration-refugees-citizenship/services/study-canada.html

If we were able to do it on our own, you can also do it. You just need to believe in yourself, in your capabilities. By asking questions in forums like this, you are already starting in the right path. The money you will use to pay an agent would be best used if added to your financial capabilities requirement.

Reactions: Lucymax