+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

How to fill Education history for the PR application

fbkamal

Jan 4, 2024
My spouse completed his BBA and MBA outside of Canada. According to the Educational Credential Assessment (ECA) conducted by WES (World Education Services), the qualifications are deemed equivalent to a three-year bachelor's degree for BBA and a four-year bachelor's degree for MBA.
I am in the process of filling out the forms for my Express Entry profile. When entering my spouse's educational background, what is the appropriate way to input the records?
1. Level of education: should it be based on ECA or certificate/transcripts?
2. Academic years: should it be based on ECA or certificate/transcripts?
3. There is a dropdown to select the level of education in the report as well, if I do select that one based on the report then should the other fields be filled based on the certificates and transcripts?
4. If I am filling the records based on the ECA report then the "From" and "To" fields do not match with the Academic years. (Example: one year combing the from and to fields however it is 4 years in the academic years)
I am currently unable to find a reliable source to confirm whether I should provide information about the educational history based on the ECA report or by certificates and transcripts.
I would greatly appreciate any information or guidance on this matter.
Thanks in Advance.

Taran D

VIP Member
Oct 1, 2020
My spouse completed his BBA and MBA outside of Canada. According to the Educational Credential Assessment (ECA) conducted by WES (World Education Services), the qualifications are deemed equivalent to a three-year bachelor's degree for BBA and a four-year bachelor's degree for MBA.
I am in the process of filling out the forms for my Express Entry profile. When entering my spouse's educational background, what is the appropriate way to input the records?
1. Level of education: should it be based on ECA or certificate/transcripts?
2. Academic years: should it be based on ECA or certificate/transcripts?
3. There is a dropdown to select the level of education in the report as well, if I do select that one based on the report then should the other fields be filled based on the certificates and transcripts?
4. If I am filling the records based on the ECA report then the "From" and "To" fields do not match with the Academic years. (Example: one year combing the from and to fields however it is 4 years in the academic years)
I am currently unable to find a reliable source to confirm whether I should provide information about the educational history based on the ECA report or by certificates and transcripts.
I would greatly appreciate any information or guidance on this matter.
Thanks in Advance.
They needs to be filled as per academics done. ECA is the equivalency as per Canadian education.

fbkamal

Jan 4, 2024
Thanks for your response.

Clarifying the answer a bit more specifically, please correct me if I am wrong:

If the degree is outside of Canada then the education history has two parts.

First part: Information about the education which includes from and to dates, level of education, and academic years (mentioned only the fields I have concerned about)

Second part: ECA details and level of education evaluated

So the way it needs to be filled is:

The first part is filled based on academic certificates and transcripts (for example: the level of education here will be as it is in the certificates and transcripts which will be MBA).

The second part is filled based on the ECA report (for example: the level of education here will be as it is in the ECA report for MBA which will be BBA).

Taran D

VIP Member
Oct 1, 2020
Thanks for your response.

Clarifying the answer a bit more specifically, please correct me if I am wrong:

If the degree is outside of Canada then the education history has two parts.

First part: Information about the education which includes from and to dates, level of education, and academic years (mentioned only the fields I have concerned about)

Second part: ECA details and level of education evaluated

So the way it needs to be filled is:

The first part is filled based on academic certificates and transcripts (for example: the level of education here will be as it is in the certificates and transcripts which will be MBA).

The second part is filled based on the ECA report (for example: the level of education here will be as it is in the ECA report for MBA which will be BBA).
No worries...
Yes that's right...

fbkamal

Jan 4, 2024
While working on the express entry profile I realized while doing the ECA process in WES we have given the from and to date in the filled form wrong (the months for the BBA) and year (in the MBA).
The reason was we misunderstood the Spring semester as March instead of January and calculated the date like that as my spouse completed his studies 15 years back. And semester starting date has been changed in the past years.
Is that going to be a problem?
Now I know the correct from and to dates and adding that in the EE profile, however in the ECA report, the year is mentioned which is correct.

Taran D

VIP Member
Oct 1, 2020
A
While working on the express entry profile I realized while doing the ECA process in WES we have given the from and to date in the filled form wrong (the months for the BBA) and year (in the MBA).
The reason was we misunderstood the Spring semester as March instead of January and calculated the date like that as my spouse completed his studies 15 years back. And semester starting date has been changed in the past years.
Is that going to be a problem?
Now I know the correct from and to dates and adding that in the EE profile, however in the ECA report, the year is mentioned which is correct.
WES complies with the data as per the docs sent by Uni.
Does the ECA certificate have dates as per your degree completion?

fbkamal

Jan 4, 2024
ECA report has the year according to the certificate not month mentioned.
So I should give the correct month/Year in the from and to fields?