+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

How to confirm if bio-metric received

mfkoko321

Star Member
Jul 23, 2017
Hi @Bryanna, I know this might sound stupid but I cannot stop thinking about the visa till I get the visa stamped on my passport, I handed over the passport to the VSF and they give me a tracking number, I was monitoring the status and it was updating step by step from "Passport Forwarded to the visa office ..." till "Passport dispatch" (Today update) so its over now but I dont have the final result till I get the passport.

I logged in to CIC now, I can see a new table other than the regular table that has Biometric status , BackGround check ... etc, this new table called "Document Status" is has my name, my passport number, UCI, .... and Document number looks like this E7299XXXXX. its also said on the "info box" the following:

Your document is valid until the date shown. You will see a message if your document expires.
If your document expired, it means you can no longer use it to enter or stay in Canada.
Your document may be invalid or cancelled because:

• we issued you a new document, or
  • there is new information about your application.
Check your most recent application or your messages for details.

The question is the Document E7299XXXXX is the Visa Right ?

mfkoko321

Star Member
Jul 23, 2017
Just noticed the validity of the document its 2021/10/20, I have no clue whats this date so it should be the visa validity :)

Vardgevg1

Sep 29, 2018
Hello guys,

Can anyone advise me on the following situation?

My status is:

Biometrics We need your fingerprints to process your application. Check your messages below for details., But I haven't receive any message. I have reported technical issue, but again there is no response. Does anyone have the same situation? What should I do?

Thanks in advance

Dayoslim

Apr 19, 2018
@ak23

I suggest you email the visa office to confirm whether or not you need to provide your biometrics again or if the visa office has received them. You should include the tracking number which you have received from the VAC

Cheers
Hello, Please I am in the same situation. I did my biometric enrolment on the 8/10/2018, however my online profile is yet to be updated. Please has your profile now been updated with the biometric registration details and how did you resolve this?

Bryanna

VIP Member
Sep 8, 2014
Hello, Please I am in the same situation. I did my biometric enrolment on the 8/10/2018, however my online profile is yet to be updated. Please has your profile now been updated with the biometric registration details and how did you resolve this?
It could take even up to a week for the status to change

yuzvik93

Oct 22, 2018
Hello Bryana (@Bryanna),

I'm having a similar issue as some of the people on this thread. I applied for my TRV on September 2nd. On September 3rd, I received the Biometrics Collection Letter. And within 24 hours, I visited the VAC here in Shanghai (FYI I'm from Russia currently working in Shanghai) and went through the biometrics process without any issues. They gave me a slip of paper with my name, date of birth, CIC Number (says N/A) and my biometric ID number.

After almost 7 weeks now, I still don't see anything under "Biometrics Number", "Date of Biometrics Enrolment", or the "Expiry date" in my application status page on CIC.

At this point, who can I contact to check whether or not my biometrics have been submitted? Should I contact the VAC here in Shanghai that I applied in, the canadian embassy in Russia or the Russian embassy here in Shanghai?

I understand processing times are usually long but I'm just worried as to why the biometrics submission hasn't shown up even after 7 weeks.

Hope you can help. Thanks for your response in advance :)

Regards,
Anya

Bryanna

VIP Member
Sep 8, 2014
Hello Bryana (@Bryanna),

I'm having a similar issue as some of the people on this thread. I applied for my TRV on September 2nd. On September 3rd, I received the Biometrics Collection Letter. And within 24 hours, I visited the VAC here in Shanghai (FYI I'm from Russia currently working in Shanghai) and went through the biometrics process without any issues. They gave me a slip of paper with my name, date of birth, CIC Number (says N/A) and my biometric ID number.

After almost 7 weeks now, I still don't see anything under "Biometrics Number", "Date of Biometrics Enrolment", or the "Expiry date" in my application status page on CIC.

At this point, who can I contact to check whether or not my biometrics have been submitted? Should I contact the VAC here in Shanghai that I applied in, the canadian embassy in Russia or the Russian embassy here in Shanghai?

I understand processing times are usually long but I'm just worried as to why the biometrics submission hasn't shown up even after 7 weeks.

Hope you can help. Thanks for your response in advance :)

Regards,
Anya
Hi Anya,

If the biometrics status says 'Biometrics required' then do email the Shanghai visa office to confirm if your biometrics have been received.

General: shanghai-im-enquiry@international.gc.ca

Cheers

Reactions: yuzvik93

yuzvik93

Oct 22, 2018
Hi Anya,

If the biometrics status says 'Biometrics required' then do email the Shanghai visa office to confirm if your biometrics have been received.

General: shanghai-im-enquiry@international.gc.ca

Cheers
Thanks for the response Bryanna. I emailed them and they responded with a standard response. I'm not sure whether it means they've actually sent the biometrics.

"
Good day,

Thank you for your email.

Please be advised that your application(s) has been received and is currently under review. Unfortunately, we are unable to confirm at this time when a final decision will be made on your application(s). Processing times may vary due to the volume of applications received and other factors. We will contact you if further information is required to process your application(s), so make sure to read your messages in your MyAccount. If you don’t send it, it could cause delays with your application(s).

We recommend that you do not finalize your travel plans, such as purchasing non-refundable plane tickets, until your application(s) is finalized.

We appreciate your interest in travelling to Canada.

Regards,
Immigration, Refugees and Citizenship Canada (IRCC)

"

Please let me know what you think my next steps should be.

Thanks!
Anya

Bryanna

VIP Member
Sep 8, 2014
Thanks for the response Bryanna. I emailed them and they responded with a standard response. I'm not sure whether it means they've actually sent the biometrics.
This is a standard, automated response.

You must keep checking the Biometrics status for an update + the visa office could send a specific reply to your web form

yuzvik93

Oct 22, 2018
This is a standard, automated response.

You must keep checking the Biometrics status for an update + the visa office could send a specific reply to your web form
Thanks Bryanna!

Yes I check the CIC application dashboard every morning. I will send another email to the shanghai consulate to highlight that my question was related to the biometrics and not my application in general.

Let's see how they respond. I'll keep you posted.

Thanks!
Anya

yuzvik93

Oct 22, 2018
Thanks Bryanna!

Yes I check the CIC application dashboard every morning. I will send another email to the shanghai consulate to highlight that my question was related to the biometrics and not my application in general.

Let's see how they respond. I'll keep you posted.

Thanks!
Anya
@Bryanna

It seems CIC has rejected my application because they didn't receive my biometrics. I'm quite frustrated with how this turned out. I'm really not sure why the biometrics were not sent in time. I'm not sure who to contact at this point. What do you think is the best way forward? Should I contact the visa office here in Shanghai? Or should I just reapply? Thanks for your help in advance Bryanna.

Please see the response from them as below:
"
Dear
Thank you for your interest in visiting Canada. After careful review of your temporary resident
visa application and supporting documentation, I have determined that your application does not
meet the requirements of the Immigration and Refugee Protection Act (IRPA) and Immigration
and Refugee Protection Regulations (IRPR). I am refusing your application on the following
grounds:
• You have not complied with our request for information, per subsection 16(1) of the
IRPA. To date, you have failed to comply with our request for biometrics.
You are welcome to reapply if you feel that you can respond to these concerns and can
demonstrate that your situation meets the requirements. All new applications must be
accompanied by a new processing fee.​
"

Thanks Bryanna,
Anya

stpidhorskyi

Oct 30, 2018
I have similar issue. I've applied on September 29 and provided biometrics to New York VAC on October 3, and I did not get any response since then. My online application status still syas that biometrics are missing.

Any recommendations?

Thanks,
Stanislav

Olli2016

May 16, 2019
Hi @Bryanna
I received my biometrics confirmation letter on my account however it doesn’t have my name on it. It was addressed to my wife who did her biometrics on the same day with me. I also received a refusal letter but her name is on that also. What does this mean? She hasn’t received any updates on her application as yet. Will this affect her application? Was she refused and not me but if so why is it appearing on my account with my UCI and application number? What to do?