+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

How to claim points for Two or More Certificates, Degrees or Diplomas

Kathy2018

Feb 22, 2021
Hello. I have some questions about claiming points for education factor under Express Entry. I got a two-year (four semesters) college diploma from a Canadian college, and then transferred to a bachelor's degree program at the same school. The bachelor degree program is four years (eight semesters), but I only spent five semesters finishing the bachelor degree program through credit transfer. In this situation, I was wondering if I can claim points for two or more certificates, diplomas, or degrees under the EE CRS. As you know, for the two or more certificates, diplomas, or degrees, one must be for a program of three or more years. Does " a program of three or more years" mean the program length or the actual studying period?
Thanks anyone who can help me.

ishaW

Apr 21, 2023
Hi,

Did you get somewhere with this? I am under the same confusion, could you help me if you were able to understand.

Thanks,

taradean

Apr 20, 2023
To claim points for two or more certificates, diplomas, or degrees under the EE CRS, one must have completed at least one program of three or more years. In your case, since your bachelor's degree program was only five semesters long due to credit transfer, you would not be able to claim points for two or more certificates, diplomas, or degrees. "A program of three or more years" refers to the program length, not the actual studying period.

ishaW

Apr 21, 2023
Thanks for the response. Some details for my situation to explain better
BPP university (Distance Learning): 135 credits (1 Year College certificate awarded)
Pearson HND Level 5: 240 credits (Including the 135 at BPP) (HND completion)
Uhert: 140 Credits (Bachelor awarded)

These are three years of education in total.

WES Evaluation: 1 year college certificate, 4 year bachelor's (Canadian Equivalency)

Should I claim points for the 1 year certificate even though the credits were used towards the completion of the Bachelor's degree.

Thanks,

Last edited: