+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

How to check if application received by Mississauga?

statusq

Oct 25, 2014
Hello,
The application for my wife's immigration package arrived in Mississauga over a month ago, according to the courier service. I am sponsoring her.

Problem is I can't figure out how to check on the status of our application. On the CHECK YOUR APPLICATION STATUS page, I'm not sure if i should be clicking on IMMIGRATION or SPONSORSHIP, as the first step of my wife getting to immigrate to Canada, is verifying me as a sponsor.

If I click on SPONSORSHIP:
the only way I have to identify the package is by the receipt #, which was paid online.
Not sure to enter MY info, or MY WIFE's info.
"We were not able to identify you using the information you provided."

If I click on IMMIGRATION DOCUMENTS:
then both options say "The electronic Client Application Status tool is not available for the application you have applied for."

Any help or advice is greatly appreciated! Thanks!

Kan_Sri

Champion Member
Feb 14, 2014
Visa Office......
New Delhi
App. Filed.......
Mar 05-2014
hello...

As far as i know, online ECAS update is available only after Sponsorship Approval or SA or after STAGE 1.

However you can use your(sponsoror) UCI number to verify the same on the ECAS.

To check for status before SA, you have to call CIC - call center...

statusq said:
Hello,
The application for my wife's immigration package arrived in Mississauga over a month ago, according to the courier service. I am sponsoring her.

Problem is I can't figure out how to check on the status of our application. On the CHECK YOUR APPLICATION STATUS page, I'm not sure if i should be clicking on IMMIGRATION or SPONSORSHIP, as the first step of my wife getting to immigrate to Canada, is verifying me as a sponsor.

If I click on SPONSORSHIP:
the only way I have to identify the package is by the receipt #, which was paid online.
Not sure to enter MY info, or MY WIFE's info.
"We were not able to identify you using the information you provided."

If I click on IMMIGRATION DOCUMENTS:
then both options say "The electronic Client Application Status tool is not available for the application you have applied for."

Any help or advice is greatly appreciated! Thanks!

taffy7

Champion Member
May 23, 2013
Category........
Visa Office......
London
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
10th April 2014/June 10th 2014 application complete
Doc's Request.
09 June 2014 same doc's requested again 6th Oct 2014. docs not needed again mistake by cic
AOR Received.
sponsorship approval 05 Aug 2014
File Transfer...
05 Aug 2014
Med's Request
28 July 2015
Med's Done....
30th Dec 2013
Passport Req..
in process 18th July 2015/ DM 5/12/2015
LANDED..........
28/12/2015
There is nothing you can do at this point . You will have to wait until stage one is processed ,which is sponsorship , then a few days sometimes a coupe of weeks before you can log in and see your application.

Check on the website and see which dates they are sponsoring now . Also join when of the threads that pertains to your month say Sept 2014 and check out the spreadsheet to see who has received sponsorship and when they sent their application. This has to be worse than waiting for PR. Not knowing if they really received your application is the worse part in my opinion .

naonidh

Oct 23, 2014
Jagraon
Category........
Visa Office......
new dehli
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
15 july
Doc's Request.
none
AOR Received.
15 sep
Med's Done....
july 3
Interview........
Hope No Interview Becoze IN PROCESS Since 13 March
Passport Req..
soon
VISA ISSUED...
soon
LANDED..........
soon
can contact direct embassy persons ??

taffy7

Champion Member
May 23, 2013
Category........
Visa Office......
London
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
10th April 2014/June 10th 2014 application complete
Doc's Request.
09 June 2014 same doc's requested again 6th Oct 2014. docs not needed again mistake by cic
AOR Received.
sponsorship approval 05 Aug 2014
File Transfer...
05 Aug 2014
Med's Request
28 July 2015
Med's Done....
30th Dec 2013
Passport Req..
in process 18th July 2015/ DM 5/12/2015
LANDED..........
28/12/2015
naonidh said:
can contact direct embassy persons ??
If they haven't passed the allocated time for sponsorship the call center won't tell them anything . They are currently working on application as of Sept 2nd. So you should hear something soon.

sjcec01

Oct 17, 2014
Category........
Visa Office......
NDVO
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
good idea....& Good luck..

statusq said:
Ok, i might give CIC a call tomorrow and try my luck. Thanks for all the info, folks!