+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

How to change an information submitted in Citizenship Application Form before AOR?

TulsiVid

Jul 1, 2020
Hi All,

Want to know how can we make a change to an information given in citizenship application form after submission but before AOR?

The change is with respect to the date of leaving Canada, which inadvertently due to misinterpretation has been mentioned as date keeping in mind the eligibility period, but not the actual date of leaving Canada. We qualify fully by the number of days for applying for citizenship irrespective of the change being sought. Just after submitting realized that the date should be mentioned as actual date of leaving Canada and not as per eligibility period. We have got the email of submission of application but have not received the AOR as yet. Want to update the said information ASAP before AOR. Please let me know what is the best possible mode to have this information updated in the Citizenship application form.

Thanks in advance

Seym

Champion Member
Nov 6, 2017
You can't change an application that doesn't exist in IRCC's system yet.
Just wait for the AOR then submit a webform.

TulsiVid

Jul 1, 2020
You can't change an application that doesn't exist in IRCC's system yet.
Just wait for the AOR then submit a webform.
Thank you for the prompt response.

Even though the application is submitted it would not be in the system until AOR is issued, is that the case? Also, would the change sought would any way effect the application?

Seym

Champion Member
Nov 6, 2017
Even though the application is submitted it would not be in the system until AOR is issued, is that the case?
Yep. IRCC only adds complete applications to their system, so a completeness check has to be done first, the AOR is sent afterwards.
And I can't really answer the second question in a meaningful way. Each and every change "affects" the application in the sense that, at a bare minimum, someone has to acknowledge the change and enter it to IRCC's GCMS system. But if you want to know whether it would significantly change the processing of your application and its duration, well, we can't really know. "it went lightning fast after I sent the correction" and "it went lightning fast without me correcting it" are both possible, and the less optimistic cases are also possible, so your rationale should instead be : knowing that a mistake was made, the sensible thing is to let IRCC know, and let's see how the rest goes...

TulsiVid

Jul 1, 2020
Hi All,,

We have now received the AOR which has UCI #, Group # and Application # in it. Could you please guide me now how can we update the above information through webform as was suggested earlier.

Thanks in advance.

jagann

Star Member
Jul 21, 2018
Hello ,
My eligible period starts on 01th sept 2019 .
Am on vacation from aug 2019 till nov 2019
How can I do my absence date if eligible period starts middle of my vacation date ?