+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

How to calculate my average in my IELTS result

jvd

Nov 19, 2014
Hello,

I'm applying for FSW and I need your help to calculate exactly my score as I don't understand the calculation process.

My overall IELTS result is 6.5

Speaking 7
Writing 6.5
Reading 5.5
Listening 6.5

Pls help and I can't really figure out how to calculate it since their a particular score for first language and second language. I need to get 21 points for English to meet the 67 passing points.

Thanks alot.

FutureImmi

May 8, 2014
jvd said:
Hello,

I'm applying for FSW and I need your help to calculate exactly my score as I don't understand the calculation process.

Speaking 7
Writing 6.5
Reading 5.5
Listening 6.5

Pls help and I can't really figure out how to calculate it since their a particular score for first language and second language. I need to get 21 points for English to meet the 67 passing points.

Thanks alot.
Your score in reading is less than the minimum required. You'll have to retake the IELTS test.

Johnny31

VIP Member
Dec 25, 2011
Category........
Visa Office......
CPP-Ottawa
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
jvd said:
Hello,

Speaking 7
Writing 6.5
Reading 5.5
Listening 6.5

Thanks alot.
Hi,

Unfortunately, the minimum score required for FSW is a "6" - therefore, your scores are ineligible to apply at this point and would get 0 points.

Must re-take the exam and improve your reading score and listening.

Since you need 21 points -
a 7 in Speaking would give you 6 points
a 6.5 in Writing would give you 5 points and
a 6.5 in listening would only give you 4 points.

if you could improve your listening and reading - I think 21 points would be attainable.

Good Luck!

jvd

Nov 19, 2014
Thanks for the help. I just want also to know if it's true that if I got CLB 8 in any ability, I will be given extra 2 points. I just read it somewhere.

One more thing, if I retake ielts I need to wait for another 3 weeks for the result. Is it possible to submit my current ielts results along with otjer documents to cic then I will mail the result of my retake ielts once I got the result. I need to submit the package before end of this year.

Thank you

PMM

VIP Member
Jun 30, 2005
Hi

jvd said:
Thanks for the help. I just want also to know if it's true that if I got CLB 8 in any ability, I will be given extra 2 points. I just read it somewhere.

One more thing, if I retake ielts I need to wait for another 3 weeks for the result. Is it possible to submit my current ielts results along with otjer documents to cic then I will mail the result of my retake ielts once I got the result. I need to submit the package before end of this year.

Thank you
1. No, you are not eligible, you can't apply until you have at least 6 in each module of IELTS. If you send your application in with your IELTS, if will be refused and returned.

jvd

Nov 19, 2014
ok, I plan to retake my ielts since I do not have any option.

By the way, is this statement true - The bulletin also states that applicants will be awarded one extra point for each language ability for which they score CLB 8 or NCLC 8 and two extra points if they score CLB 9 or NCLC 9 (for a maximum of 24 points)?

Thanks

Johnny31

VIP Member
Dec 25, 2011
Category........
Visa Office......
CPP-Ottawa
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
jvd said:
ok, I plan to retake my ielts since I do not have any option.

By the way, is this statement true - The bulletin also states that applicants will be awarded one extra point for each language ability for which they score CLB 8 or NCLC 8 and two extra points if they score CLB 9 or NCLC 9 (for a maximum of 24 points)?

Thanks
NO - the statement is not true

Where did you see this?

jvd

Nov 19, 2014
I forgot to ask... If I'm going to retake my IELTS, what will happen to my previous score? Is this will be added to my new IELTS score? Pls help.

Thanks

scylla

VIP Member
Jun 8, 2010
Toronto
Category........
Visa Office......
Buffalo
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
28-05-2010
AOR Received.
19-08-2010
File Transfer...
28-06-2010
Passport Req..
01-10-2010
VISA ISSUED...
05-10-2010
LANDED..........
05-10-2010
jvd said:
I forgot to ask... If I'm going to retake my IELTS, what will happen to my previous score? Is this will be added to my new IELTS score? Pls help.

Thanks
No - your previous score will not be added to your new score.

Your new IELTS score is what you will use to apply for FSW. This means that in the new test, you must score at least 6 in each of the four IELTS categories.

Your previous/old score is effectively useless.

Johnny31

VIP Member
Dec 25, 2011
Category........
Visa Office......
CPP-Ottawa
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
jvd said:

Thanks
No - Cannot combine scores from multiple tests. Your application will be 100% rejected if you do this.

Your eligible scores would have to come on the same test.