canuck_in_uk

VIP Member
May 4, 2012
Visa Office......
London
App. Filed.......
06/12
timmituyi said:
1. Should i apply for open work permit immediately i arrive canada in dec 2015 so as to be able to work before the epiration of our visas in July 2016.

2. Should i apply for open work permit together with my spouse when he will be applying for PGWP in April 2016 after getting his notification letter/ degree cert.

3. Can he apply for PGWP even if he does not get a job related to his field (IT) immediately after graduation.

4. Assuming no 3 happens, will i have to wait till his PGWP gets approved before i apply for my own open work permit.

5. Can he apply for federal skilled worker skill via the EE upon completion of his PGD based on his pervious experience (IT) in our home country and before receiving the approval for the PGWP.
Hi

1. Yes, you can apply.

2. You can't apply for an OWP along with his PGWP.

3. Yes, he can apply for a PGWP without a job.

4. You must wait until he has his PGWP AND a NOC A, B or 0 job before you will be eligible to apply for an OWP.

5. If he qualifies for FSW, then he can apply.

timmituyi

Star Member
May 16, 2012
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Thank you for your quick response. much appreciated.

Please i still have a question - Assuming my spouse applies for PGWP without a job upon completion of his studies in April 2016 due to the 90days window given.

1. What will happen to me and the kids as our visas will expire in July 2016. I assume we will have to extend our visas till my spouse gets a job in NOC A?

2. If YES to no 1, will we have to send in our application to extend our visas too seperately while he applies for his PGWP?

2. Or will we be asked to leave the country? Because i will want to think PGWP process also takes about 3months and before he gets a job again....in deep thoughts!

3. Or should be rather wait till he gets his PGWP approval and also gets a job in NOC A before coming over....that will be too long tho weeping :'(

I hope that no 1 will be the case o otherwise hmmmmm.....canada immigration status isn't smiling mehn...sweating already.

Thank you in anticipation of your reply.

Regards,
T.

canuck_in_uk said:
Hi

1. Yes, you can apply.

2. You can't apply for an OWP along with his PGWP.

3. Yes, he can apply for a PGWP without a job.

4. You must wait until he has his PGWP AND a NOC A, B or 0 job before you will be eligible to apply for an OWP.

5. If he qualifies for FSW, then he can apply.

canuck_in_uk

VIP Member
May 4, 2012
Visa Office......
London
App. Filed.......
06/12
timmituyi said:
1. What will happen to me and the kids as our visas will expire in July 2016. I assume we will have to extend our visas till my spouse gets a job in NOC A?

2. If YES to no 1, will we have to send in our application to extend our visas too seperately while he applies for his PGWP?

2. Or will we be asked to leave the country? Because i will want to think PGWP process also takes about 3months and before he gets a job again....in deep thoughts!

3. Or should be rather wait till he gets his PGWP approval and also gets a job in NOC A before coming over....that will be too long tho weeping :'(
1. You will need to extend your visitor statuses. This must be done separately from his PGWP application.

2. If your visitor extension is refused, then you will have to leave Canada.

3. It's your decision.

timmituyi

Star Member
May 16, 2012
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Thank you.

canuck_in_uk said:
1. You will need to extend your visitor statuses. This must be done separately from his PGWP application.

2. If your visitor extension is refused, then you will have to leave Canada.

3. It's your decision.

alina7

Mar 15, 2014
timmituyi said:
Dear All,

Please i need your valuable input on the following questions as i prepare to join my spouse whose study permit expires July 2016.

Myself and the kids will be visiting in dec and might apply for OWP while in canada.

However, going by what i just read on this thread, kindly clarify the info below:

1. Should i apply for open work permit immediately i arrive canada in dec 2015 so as to be able to work before the epiration of our visas in July 2016.

2. Should i apply for open work permit together with my spouse when he will be applying for PGWP in April 2016 after getting his notification letter/ degree cert.

3. Can he apply for PGWP even if he does not get a job related to his field (IT) immediately after graduation.

4. Assuming no 3 happens, will i have to wait till his PGWP gets approved before i apply for my own open work permit.

5. Can he apply for federal skilled worker skill via the EE upon completion of his PGD based on his pervious experience (IT) in our home country and before receiving the approval for the PGWP.

Kindly advice so as to make necessary plan to avoid been a fugitive in anaother man's country as i will have to leave my job to join my spouse because of our kids.

Thank you in anticipation of your response.

Regards,
T.
Hi! I'm not very competent but I think as long as your spouse is a full-time student you can apply for OWP. So you can apply for it online or when you arrive.
http://www.cic.gc.ca/english/study/work-spouse.asp

And after he gets his PGWP you can apply for OWP again.