+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

How to Bring (Future) Wife In Canada

jaynraithatha

Jan 25, 2019
Hi All,

I know that after marriage I can sponsor my wife, but the process takes a long time. I was thinking that before we get married, I can ask her to apply for a visitor visa and once She gets it, we get married. So She can accompany me after marriage and wait for her PR Processing. Is this the right way? Is there any other way? I came to know that after marriage if I will apply for TRV or Work Visa, it will be rejected as I will be considered as strong tie.

P.S. I recently got my PR confirmed, I am awaiting my PR card.

scylla

VIP Member
Jun 8, 2010
Toronto
Category........
Visa Office......
Buffalo
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
28-05-2010
AOR Received.
19-08-2010
File Transfer...
28-06-2010
Passport Req..
01-10-2010
VISA ISSUED...
05-10-2010
LANDED..........
05-10-2010
Hi All,

I know that after marriage I can sponsor my wife, but the process takes a long time. I was thinking that before we get married, I can ask her to apply for a visitor visa and once She gets it, we get married. So She can accompany me after marriage and wait for her PR Processing. Is this the right way? Is there any other way? I came to know that after marriage if I will apply for TRV or Work Visa, it will be rejected as I will be considered as strong tie.

P.S. I recently got my PR confirmed, I am awaiting my PR card.
Yes - you can try to do this. To be approved for a TRV, she will need to show that she has strong ties to her home country (e.g. employment, property ownership, etc.) and has no plans on coming to Canada long term. She will also need to show that she has enough funds to pay for her trip to Canada. It will also help if she has previous travel to countries requiring visas.