+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

how to ask a wise question from CIC

free

Star Member
Sep 30, 2008
I wonder if any one has called CIC and he or she asked the same question"when is my test date?" but by some indirect method because it seems they will not reply precisely to a direct question,at least not to a direct question.for me even a range of time is ok,for example if CIC tell me from now till july or something like that .I want to call within few days do you have any suggestion?I know it depends on their mood too.or suggestion about asking about the date my file transferred to local office.

rayman_m

Feb 14, 2014
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
You can ask whatever question you may have related to your file. There is nothing to do with their moods as they are not the decision maker neither they have any influence over your file. They are just call center agent like other call center (Bank or etc).. Mostly when you call they are polite and happy to answer your query..

sept15

Champion Member
Sep 26, 2010
Canada
Category........
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
free said:
I wonder if any one has called CIC and he or she asked the same question"when is my test date?" but by some indirect method because it seems they will not reply precisely to a direct question,at least not to a direct question.for me even a range of time is ok,for example if CIC tell me from now till july or something like that .I want to call within few days do you have any suggestion?I know it depends on their mood too.or suggestion about asking about the date my file transferred to local office.
this is not a hide and seek game. They know what has been done on the file (briefly) and they do not know, most of the time, when your test will be done. They are not Immigration Officers. Once your Office decides when your test will be, they probably mail out the letter the same day or within few days. CIC is not hiding anything wrt your test date (once declared).

c0mputer

Star Member
Jan 5, 2014
Cornwall,ON
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
if you look this post
www canadavisa com canada-immigration-discussion-board anyone-know-how-the-local-office-process-the-file-t198142.0 html

you will see that all people work for cic at any level in call centre or as an officer have same information - they might be able to see that step 5 in level 2 has been completed and now cic is processing step 6 in level 2 but, in order to get there they require this, this and that information from applicant or other federal departments of canada ... BUT it is very hard what those responces will bring to an application in process and next step couldn't (OR course of action would be) get determined ..
they may be able to tell you estimated time of your test would be ...in my case call centre agent told me that i will get my test date any time form feb 2014 to aug 2014.and this is a routine application and all documents looks good and stuff .

hope this helps

Soopergal

Star Member
Apr 26, 2013
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Call center is useless. They usually tell you the information that you already know. I stopped calling them.

Anny5660

Aug 17, 2024
if you failed twice in last (4TH )semesters of your studies and clear courses in 3rd attempt will it affect my pgwp? I was failed in 2 subjects in my last semesters and retake those in next intake without any gap.i again, iwaws able to claer one suvject and another last subject andi claered in 6th semester. long story short, i completed my studies in 6th semester andrecieved completion letter. do irt effect my pgwp?