+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

How to apply Outland.

missbee

Oct 24, 2013
Hi All,

So, I am still a bit confused on how to apply Outland. I have yet to find a question where they ask how you are applying. Do they just know by which processing office you send it too, or where you request your interview? Just feeling really nervous, because I don't want to accidentally apply Inland, since I am listing my Canadian address as contact, and current residential address. ( I have been refreshing my American visitor visa every 6months for the past year and a half to show proof that my fiance and I have been living to together for at least a year.)

Also, is it necessary to list a previous common-law relationship if you were never married? I was sponsored by a previous boyfriend in the last year that I lived in Australia. Do you think that this would effect my case? I just feel like on paper it could look suspicious, even though it was 100% not :-[

In the education section: When they ask for the total number of years of education, are the referring to post secondary or does the total include primary (grade school)?

Thank you so,so much for your help on this!!

Rob_TO

VIP Member
Nov 7, 2012
Toronto
Category........
FAM
Visa Office......
Seoul, Korea
App. Filed.......
13-07-2012
AOR Received.
18-08-2012
File Transfer...
21-08-2012
Med's Done....
Sent with App
Passport Req..
N/R - Exempt
VISA ISSUED...
30-10-2012
LANDED..........
16-11-2012
Inland PR application - http://www.cic.gc.ca/english/information/applications/spouse.asp
Outland PR application - http://www.cic.gc.ca/english/information/applications/fc.asp
They will know which you are doing, depending on what total application package you submit. Each has different forms to fill out. It's no problem to have all Canadian address info, on an outland app.

Yes you need to list previous common-law relationship. Many people have previous divorces when applying for their current spouse. As long as you don't still live with an ex, it won't matter one bit.

And for educations, I think you put in the total years from grade 1.