+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

How to apply for PR under NEW Caregiver Program

espasol

Star Member
Apr 6, 2015
Cass77 said:
Well, he took ielts for language, and the score reached CLB7, you can see how ielts marked with CLB 7 at cic website. if you get everything 6 in ielts that means you reach the CLB7. For celpip, you should get everything 7 if you want CLB7.
He got 7 6.5 7 7, he reached CLB7 definitely. But cic officers refused him with the language didnt get the CLB7.
He contacted with MB, cic officers, and showed what they wrote on the website. The officers reopen his case with no fee refund.

That is all I know.
He just got reopened on July 25th. So I dont think he get any updates.

I just want to answer the question you asked before, you will not get the fee refund if you get refused. Is he applying as Nurse or caregiver coz as caregiver it's only 5.5 that they require for IELTS.

espasol

Star Member
Apr 6, 2015
Cass77 said:
Well, he took ielts for language, and the score reached CLB7, you can see how ielts marked with CLB 7 at cic website. if you get everything 6 in ielts that means you reach the CLB7. For celpip, you should get everything 7 if you want CLB7.
He got 7 6.5 7 7, he reached CLB7 definitely. But cic officers refused him with the language didnt get the CLB7.
He contacted with MB, cic officers, and showed what they wrote on the website. The officers reopen his case with no fee refund.

That is all I know.
He just got reopened on July 25th. So I dont think he get any updates.

I just want to answer the question you asked before, you will not get the fee refund if you get refused. Is he going to apply as nurse or caregiver coz for caregiver it's only 5.5 for IELTS.

Cass77

Star Member
Jul 25, 2015
you can ask any questions on the forum if you want...
Everyone will help you if they know the answer.

espasol

Star Member
Apr 6, 2015
Cass77 said:
you can ask any questions on the forum if you want...
Everyone will help you if they know the answer.
. For caregiver its code 4412 and the IELTS score required is only 5.0. Did he apply as nurse? Thanks

Cass77

Star Member
Jul 25, 2015
espasol said:
. For caregiver its code 4412 and the IELTS score required is only 5.0. Did he apply as nurse? Thanks
my friend is a registered nurse, so his code is 3012. He must get CLB7 under caring for high medical care pathway.

Try to fulfill some application forms, you will see the form named "Schedule 16XXXX" need you to show your title and work duty.

You can check the cic website. It shows clearly, which code you are, and how much score you should get under the code.
http://www.cic.gc.ca/english/immigrate/caring-medical/apply-who.asp

And I paste the info. for you below.

You must have at least 24 months of full-time work experience in Canada in the four years (48 months) before you apply in one of the following jobs listed in the Canadian National Occupational Classification (NOC):
Registered nurses and registered psychiatric nurses (NOC 3012)
Licensed practical nurses (NOC 3233)
Nurse aides, orderlies and patient service associates (NOC 3413)
Home support workers and related occupations (NOC 4412)
Note: Only Home support workers are eligible under NOC 4412. Housekeepers are not eligible.

4412 Home support workers, housekeepers and related occupations
Titles (i just paste the titles you may need)
live-in caregiver – persons with disabilities
live-in caregiver – seniors

Language ability
You must:

prove your ability in English or French for speaking, reading, listening and writing
take a language test from an agency approved by Citizenship and Immigration Canada (CIC),
meet minimum language levels for your job (use your test results to find your CLB level):
If you gained your work experience in Canada as a registered nurse or registered psychiatric nurse (NOC 3012), you must meet the minimum level of Canadian Language Benchmark (CLB) 7 in either English or French for all four language abilities.

If you gained your work experience in Canada in any other eligible job (NOC 3233, NOC 3413 or NOC 4412), you must meet the minimum level of CLB 5 in either English or French for all four language abilities.

Cass77

Star Member
Jul 25, 2015
espasol said:
And you can check the duty too. I think the duties under 4412 is more fitable in you.
May be your title is under another code, but the duty is more fix with code 4412.
Then you should use title in 4412 and duty also. just like applicant in Express Entry.

check the cic website. The instruction will give you a lot of help.

Cass77

Star Member
Jul 25, 2015
espasol said:
For the new pathway, anyone can apply in Canada if he meats the requirements.
That is why we said the new pathway is tougher than LCP.

Anyone can submit application under new pathway in Canada, no matter he/she apply the work permit inside or outside Canada at the first time.
but LCP ONLY access the applicant who apply the work permit outside Canada at the first time.
i.e. You apply work permit outside canada at the first time. you can submit pr application under LCP or NEW pathway.
BUT if you apply a work permit inside canada at the first time. You can only submit pr application under NEW pathway.

My friend is a registered nurse, I never said he is a live in caregiver. He is a nurse, and he worked in a hospital.

espasol

Star Member
Apr 6, 2015
Cass77 said:

Anyone can submit application under new pathway in Canada, no matter he/she apply the work permit inside or outside Canada at the first time.
but LCP ONLY access the applicant who apply the work permit outside Canada at the first time.
i.e. You apply work permit outside canada at the first time. you can submit pr application under LCP or NEW pathway.
BUT if you apply a work permit inside canada at the first time. You can only submit pr application under NEW pathway.

My friend is a registered nurse, I never said he is a live in caregiver. He is a nurse, and he worked in a hospital.
. I know you mentioned that he is a nurse but I just got confuse because most RN( Canada RN) I assume since he is working here in a hospital came here as an immigrant. Is he presently under work permit working in a hospital right now? I'm also a RN back home and in Saudi Arabia licensed but since my experience fall under NOC 4412 so I will be applying as elderly care and not as RN. I just need maybe a little elaboration of your friend's background but as to the requirements, process and etc, I'm informed since my papers is all prepared for sept lodging of application. thank you for your effort of providing me all the information.

espasol

Star Member
Apr 6, 2015
Cass77 said:

BUT if you apply a work permit inside canada at the first time. You can only submit pr application under NEW pathway. Do ou already have AOR and file number?

Cass77

Star Member
Jul 25, 2015
espasol said:
. I know you mentioned that he is a nurse but I just got confuse because most RN( Canada RN) I assume since he is working here in a hospital came here as an immigrant. Is he presently under work permit working in a hospital right now? I'm also a RN back home and in Saudi Arabia licensed but since my experience fall under NOC 4412 so I will be applying as elderly care and not as RN. I just need maybe a little elaboration of your friend's background but as to the requirements, process and etc, I'm informed since my papers is all prepared for sept lodging of application. thank you for your effort of providing me all the information.
Yes. he worked under a work permit here.
He is an international student who studied RN 2 years ago. After graduate from school, he got 3 years PGWP.
He apply CEC at the first time after one year's work, but the documents got lost during mailing process.
After he got all the new documents, CEC didnt accept any new applications.
He didnt get a high score in Express entry system.
Then he knew the new pathway. And he applied after he finished his 2 years' work.

espasol

Star Member
Apr 6, 2015
Cass77 said:
Yes. he worked under a work permit here.
He is an international student who studied RN 2 years ago. After graduate from school, he got 3 years PGWP.
He apply CEC at the first time after one year's work, but the documents got lost during mailing process.
After he got all the new documents, CEC didnt accept any new applications.
He didnt get a high score in Express entry system.
Then he knew the new pathway. And he applied after he finished his 2 years' work.
I see, clear enough. How about you, what country you came from?

espasol

Star Member
Apr 6, 2015
espasol said:
. How long did he wait for the decision to come out after he filed? the one that was approved here in the forum only waited a month, wow! That was indeed fast hahaha..

Cass77

Star Member
Jul 25, 2015
espasol said:
I came from China.
My friend just told me that he got a email from cic, said his application has been completed, he need to pay $490 and waiting for interview.

Here is his timeline
2) jUNE 24, 2015------APPLICATION under NOC 3012, MAILED VIA canada post
3) June 29, 2015-------package received by CIC
4)July 02, 2015-------CASH OUT
5) July 03, 2015-------received assessment reportfrom CIC by email. application was refused.
6)write a letter and mail to Officer SLJ
7) July,21, 2015-------get the mail from cic, pay the $490 right of pr fee, waiting for interview.

espasol

Star Member
Apr 6, 2015
Cass77 said:
I came from China.
My friend just told me that he got a email from cic, said his application has been completed, he need to pay $490 and waiting for interview.

Here is his timeline
2) jUNE 24, 2015------APPLICATION under NOC 3012, MAILED VIA canada post
3) June 29, 2015-------package received by CIC
4)July 02, 2015-------CASH OUT
5) July 03, 2015-------received assessment reportfrom CIC by email. application was refused.
6)write a letter and mail to Officer SLJ
7) July,21, 2015-------get the mail from cic, pay the $490 right of pr fee, waiting for interview.
awsome! That's what fast too. What was his appeal all about? You told me that he lack score in english, I'm just curious of how he made the solution for it.

Cass77

Star Member
Jul 25, 2015
espasol said:
. How long did he wait for the decision to come out after he filed? the one that was approved here in the forum only waited a month, wow! That was indeed fast hahaha..
This nurse friend is single, never married. so he is fast.
I have another friend who apply caring for high medical care, she is married and her family is in china.
Here is her timeline
May 1,2015-------mailed application to cic
May 7,2015-------cic received application
May 15,2015------ cic asked more documents about her family.
...............she is still waiting until now..........