Jul 25, 2015
Category........
Visa Office......
HONGKONG
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Gemmie said:
I printed the photos off on my printer.

We dont have a huge amount of pictures together, we have some but taking pictures of ourselves
was never a big thing in our relationship. We take far more pictures of my kids then we ever
took of ourselves. We take pictures of each other sometimes, but those we are not both in.
We are bit older then the dual selfies generations lol

I hope that is not a problem for CIC. I have been worried that it would
be an issue. We have some photos of us together in michigan, some in north carolina , some taken
at the marine ball, and our wedding photos and some taken in random places like in airports and such.

Is this a big thing for CIC to have lots of pictures?
I think Quantity is not the problem, Because in the guild never point out any words about quantity.but it put the emphasis on genuine and continuous .

I mean you have been so many places, Why don`t U show them your air tickets or even the payment receipts of this travel, like hotel or something.

Majromax

Nov 19, 2014
Category........
Visa Office......
CPC-Ottawa
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
2014-10-21
AOR Received.
2015-01-11 [Inland AOR rec'd 2014-11-19, corrected]
File Transfer...
2015-01-20 [CSQ applied Feb 9, issued Feb 19]
Passport Req..
[IP: 2015-06-10; DM: 2015-06-30]
VISA ISSUED...
2015-07-20
LANDED..........
2015-07-27
Gemmie said:
Is this a big thing for CIC to have lots of pictures?
It depends on the precise nature of the relationship and the processing visa office.

Pictures are not a required part of the application, but they are often encouraged to show a relationship's legitimacy. How much the visa office will care about their presence or absence depends on how suspicious they are of the relationship in the first place.

In your particular case, I wouldn't worry. CIC does not treat US/Canadian applications with hostility, because there is very little immigration fraud originating from the US. Americans broadly enjoy the same quality of life as do Canadians, so there's no economic reason to commit marriage fraud or have a relationship of convenience. (Americans have been asked to send in more proof before, but as far as I'm aware that's almost always 'document a common-law cohabitation' or 'prove the sponsor will return to Canada', which aren't relationship-of-convenience queries.)

For other relationships, visa offices will treat an application more skeptically as the economic reasons to immigrate get stronger, and as relationships break other cultural norms. For example, an arranged marriage is okay for areas of the world where this practice is common, but an arranged marriage where the ceremony was a quick affair attended by none of the participants' family would warrant a very close investigation. Pictures can go a long way towards revealing the truth, and they're more difficult to fabricate than answers to the relationship questions.

Gemmie

Nov 10, 2014
Ontario
Category........
Visa Office......
Ottawa
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
26-05-2015
AOR Received.
30-06-2015/SA 17-08-2015
File Transfer...
20-08-2015
Med's Request
Upfront
Med's Done....
23-02-2015
Interview........
Waived
LANDED..........
21-01-2016
Thanks , I will worry less about this then.

I did send in what ever I had saved in tickets stubs and hotel receipt's that were emailed to us.
And he did cross into Canada 3 to 4 times a week for about 2 years to see me before we were married
when he moved across the border from me to be closer.(border cities), I hope CIC can see that, though we did
tell them in our relationship details folder.

Thanks for your input ~! :)

chilkootcee

Champion Member
Mar 3, 2015
Visa Office......
Abu Dhabi
App. Filed.......
03-Jun-2015
Interview........
None required
LANDED..........
01-Apr-2016
All of our photo are digital....so I pasted them, 2 per page into a Word document and added captions that included: Photo number, date taken, location, names of those in the picture, description of what we were doing.

I created three sections - initial contact and relationship development, marriage and honeymoon (there was a time when we lived apart), and then after I moved back to live with him.

Number each page, included a Title page and TOC and the statement that more photos were available upon request. I had about 60 pages of photos (2 per page)

Did NOT bind or connect the pages in every way (they require loose sheets). Just used regular printer paper and a good quality colour printer.

Used a bull clip (the black ones with the sides that flip over - didn't know what they were called before I went through this process LOL)

Haven't received a decision yet so can't tell you if it worked ;)

I was told not to OVERWHELM them with pictures. Send a sample that shows history and relationship evidence...tell them there are more available if required. But others believe more is better than less.

C.

pindu

Star Member
Jun 5, 2015
Category........
Visa Office......
NDVO
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
March-2015
AOR Received.
May-2015
File Transfer...
May-2015
Med's Request
20 jan 2016
Med's Done....
Dec.-2014
Interview........
waived
As our marriage was punjabi Indian marriage so we had so many rituals and pictures

so i used MS publisher software to arrange our pictures. I arranged 2 to 3 pictures per page in MS publisher software and at the corner I mentioned the details like date, occasion, venue, who are in pic,

we printed all pic in A4 size photo papers we submitted at least 100 pages.

sundusk

Feb 10, 2015
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
2010 May
Doc's Request.
2013 August
AOR Received.
2013 Nov
File Transfer...
2014 Nov
Med's Request
24th July
Med's Done....
10Th August
Interview........
Additional documents : 24th July Sent : 20th August
Passport Req..
PPR 1 10th May PPR2 20th May
VISA ISSUED...
inshaAllah soon
LANDED..........
inshaAllah very soon
pindu said:
As our marriage was punjabi Indian marriage so we had so many rituals and pictures

so i used MS publisher software to arrange our pictures. I arranged 2 to 3 pictures per page in MS publisher software and at the corner I mentioned the details like date, occasion, venue, who are in pic,

we printed all pic in A4 size photo papers we submitted at least 100 pages.
did you recieve the answer from the office then?

SchnookoLoly

Champion Member
Mar 5, 2012
Category........
Visa Office......
London
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
25 Jan 2012
File Transfer...
24 Apr 2012
Passport Req..
26 Jun 2012
VISA ISSUED...
21 Aug 2012
LANDED..........
08 Dec 2012
Read this, it should help: http://britishexpats.com/wiki/Spousal_Sponsorship-Canada/FAQ#Item_10:_How_on_earth_do_I_organise_my_photos.3F

Aquakitty

VIP Member
Mar 21, 2011
BC
Category........
FAM
Visa Office......
Ottawa
App. Filed.......
04-03-2015
AOR Received.
14-04-2015 - SA Received: 20-04-2015
Med's Done....
28-01-2015 Upfront
Interview........
Waived
Passport Req..
N/A
VISA ISSUED...
25-06-2015
LANDED..........
11-07-2015
Just to play devil's advocate, I just stuck a rubber band around like 115 pictures I printed from Walmart photo centre. I didn't even think about labelling them, heh. I did mention what they were in the documentation however.

What you guys are doing sounds much better and I would have digitally organised them as PDFs then printed them out if I had to do it again. Of course, that would have added like 50 pages to my application.
But if someone already submitted this didn't do this and is worrying, it's probably not the end of the world.

pindu

Star Member
Jun 5, 2015
Category........
Visa Office......
NDVO
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
March-2015
AOR Received.
May-2015
File Transfer...
May-2015
Med's Request
20 jan 2016
Med's Done....
Dec.-2014
Interview........
waived
sundusk said:
did you recieve the answer from the office then?
No our file has been transferred to my country visa office after sponsor approval we did as per guide

we manage our pic perfectly there wont be any problem i hope so