+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

How one knows if medical exam has failed?

azimed16

Apr 30, 2020
Hi. Went to the medical visit late september 21, most people I know got positive medical results within a week and few ones within a month. Now more than one month passed and the status of my medical still the same (gckey and ecas: we sent you instruction for the medicals).
A member of my family has health issues and we provided the medical file.
I'm really worrying for such coincidence, long time no see and having a medical case.
My question is will I have something on my accounts (gckey/ecas) even before receiving the fairness letter in case of inadmissibility on health ground? Has someone who has received refusal on medical grounds received anything on gckey before the letter of fairness? What's the average time after the medical to receive such letter?

canuck78

VIP Member
Jun 18, 2017
Hi. Went to the medical visit late september 21, most people I know got positive medical results within a week and few ones within a month. Now more than one month passed and the status of my medical still the same (gckey and ecas: we sent you instruction for the medicals).
A member of my family has health issues and we provided the medical file.
I'm really worrying for such coincidence, long time no see and having a medical case.
My question is will I have something on my accounts (gckey/ecas) even before receiving the fairness letter in case of inadmissibility on health ground? Has someone who has received refusal on medical grounds received anything on gckey before the letter of fairness? What's the average time after the medical to receive such letter?
There is a backlog when it comes to review of medicals. Your family member may be asked to do further testing or provide more information. Depending on how serious and expensive the health issue is they could receive a PFL.

azimed16

Apr 30, 2020
There is a backlog when it comes to review of medicals. Your family member may be asked to do further testing or provide more information. Depending on how serious and expensive the health issue is they could receive a PFL.
Thanks for your answer, your feedback really helps. But just to confirm my understanding: the backlog isn't for the regular medical reviews right? as a lot of people got the medical results in 24 hours, so you meant the there's a backlog for the people who have a medical case and the case is escalated for further review.

Do you have any idea on the range of the backlog, is it causing like 6 months delay, or is it rather less than 3 months? any indication, or in case you've heard about is good to know for me.

canuck78

VIP Member
Jun 18, 2017
Thanks for your answer, your feedback really helps. But just to confirm my understanding: the backlog isn't for the regular medical reviews right? as a lot of people got the medical results in 24 hours, so you meant the there's a backlog for the people who have a medical case and the case is escalated for further review.

Do you have any idea on the range of the backlog, is it causing like 6 months delay, or is it rather less than 3 months? any indication, or in case you've heard about is good to know for me.
If there are any irregularities it requires a review from a physician and there is a backlog. Review should take a month or two and you can be asked to do further testing at that point.