+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

How much time will take for family on Asylum

Nov 22, 2017
hi,
I’m planning to apply Asylum I have wife and 3 kids in my home country. Can any one tell me the process and after I’m applying Asylum how long it will take my family will get the visa ?

captains

Apr 19, 2017
Category........
After you get accepted as a conventional refugee it takes On average 2 years +/- to get PR for you & ur family.
Due to the high volume of claimee most of the refugee hearings are getting prosponded.i had to wait 1 year to get a new Date,few are waiting more then 2 years but no date yet ! Best of luck

Nov 22, 2017
After you get accepted as a conventional refugee it takes On average 2 years +/- to get PR for you & ur family.
Due to the high volume of claimee most of the refugee hearings are getting prosponded.i had to wait 1 year to get a new Date,few are waiting more then 2 years but no date yet ! Best of luck
Thanks for your reply, what I understand that in 2 years my family will get the visa ?

canuck78

VIP Member
Jun 18, 2017
Given the current wait times think up to 3 years is probably more realistic. It is quite variable but definitely not a fast process.

Reactions: captains
Nov 22, 2017
Given the current wait times think up to 3 years is probably more realistic. It is quite variable but definitely not a fast process.
I’m in Canada and my family is in home country so after my asylum approval 2 to 3 years for family settlement visa ? Is it correct ??

canuck78

VIP Member
Jun 18, 2017
I’m in Canada and my family is in home country so after my asylum approval 2 to 3 years for family settlement visa ? Is it correct ??
You will need to go through the asylum process which is very backlogged at the moment so people are waiting around a year for a hearing but it is getting longer. Once you are granted asylum you will have to apply for PR and include your family. Once that is approves your family will be granted visas. It is a long process.

Reactions: captains