+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

How Much Time It Takes From Passport to Visa Stamped via VFS

tic

Jan 6, 2018
I had submitted my passport at VFS Delhi on 18th Dec. I received message from VFS on 5th Jan that your passport is ready for collection as I had opted for self collection at VFS Delhi office but my CIC account is still not updated. It is still showing that your application is in progress. Can anyone throw light on this, what could be the possible reason why it has not been updated till now?

Last edited:
Reactions: jhinjar

dipinderchadha

Dec 28, 2017
Got the Approved status in MyCIC. No change yet in VFS or mail yet. Had submitted to VFS on the 18th Dec 2017. CIC people are definitely working hard. :)
Congratulations... which VFS did you submit your passport too... I also submitted on 18th at VFS Mumbai but no update yet... did u get a mail stating change in your cic account?

dipinderchadha

Dec 28, 2017
Hi guys,
My cic account is finally updated, it says approved, and counterfoil valid till xxxxxxxx, finally, so much relief. Now just have to wait till my husband gets his passport back from vfs to travel. Finally i will see him next week.
When did you submit the Passport? And which VFS?

Mithu3

Star Member
Aug 7, 2015
I submitted my passport on 19 dec VFS Delhi.
CIC account updated 06 jan as approved
But no update on VFS track ID yet.
Any idea?

dipinderchadha

Dec 28, 2017
Any idea?
VFS tracker will be updated tomorrow as weekend they don’t work... I don’t know why mine is not updated I submitted On 18th December

Reactions: Mithu3

joelsidhu

Jan 6, 2018
Any idea?
Hi. Did you submit the passports of your dependents also along woth your passport? Or do we get seperate mail of PPR for dependents.

Mithu3

Star Member
Aug 7, 2015
Hi. Did you submit the passports of your dependents also along woth your passport? Or do we get seperate mail of PPR for dependents.
No we have to submit the primary as well as secondary applicants passport.
Myself secondary applicant.
No separate mail..

joelsidhu

Jan 6, 2018
No we have to submit the primary as well as secondary applicants passport.
Myself secondary applicant.
No separate mail..
Thank you so much for your reply. One more thing, i went on a Euro trip before getting my PPR with my wife. Submtted the passport next day we landed in delhi which was well within the time limit. The trip was for 10 days, hope that does not harm my case.

Reactions: Mithu3

dipinderchadha

Dec 28, 2017
Thank you so much for your reply. One more thing, i went on a Euro trip before getting my PPR with my wife. Submtted the passport next day we landed in delhi which was well within the time limit. The trip was for 10 days, hope that does not harm my case.[/QU

No harm in this ....

Mithu3

Star Member
Aug 7, 2015
Thank you so much for your reply. One more thing, i went on a Euro trip before getting my PPR with my wife. Submtted the passport next day we landed in delhi which was well within the time limit. The trip was for 10 days, hope that does not harm my case.
Not at all... good to go..