+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

How much money will you bring to canada question?

goldenman

Aug 28, 2016
Hi forum members.
I was filing up my EE profile when i came across the question above?. I have selected $32,000 for a family of seven members.

When will i be required to submit my bank statement. Is it immediately after submission of my EE profile ? Please advice. Thank you

thourb

Star Member
Sep 6, 2016
Category........
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
goldenman said:
Hi forum members.
I was filing up my EE profile when i came across the question above?. I have selected $32,000 for a family of seven members.

When will i be required to submit my bank statement. Is it immediately after submission of my EE profile ? Please advice. Thank you
I believe you need to be able to demonstrate the required funds on the date you receive your ITA and on the date you land in Canada. You can create an EE profile in advance, however if you do not have suffiicent funds when you receive an ITA you will need to decline the ITA and wait until you have sufficient funds.

goldenman

Aug 28, 2016
Thank you thourb and dan_and.

Thank youbfor your very informative response. Appreciqted.

I have this money with me in my account though its in Us$ which is by far i guess is more than the canadian equivalency $32,191. So i guess i should convert it to CAN$ and state the amounts.

Than you

BC4life

Nov 5, 2015
Toronto, ON
Visa Office......
HKVO
NOC Code......
Nomination.....
06-10-2016
AOR Received.
07-12-2016
IELTS Request
Upfront
Med's Request
Upfront
Med's Done....
19-12-2016
Passport Req..
28-02-2017
VISA ISSUED...
09-03-2017
LANDED..........
XX-07-2017
goldenman said:
Thank you thourb and dan_and.

Thank youbfor your very informative response. Appreciqted.

I have this money with me in my account though its in Us$ which is by far i guess is more than the canadian equivalency $32,191. So i guess i should convert it to CAN$ and state the amounts.

Than you
You do not need to convert in CAN$; as long as your funds value in CAN$ exceed the LICO per http://www.cic.gc.ca/english/immigrate/skilled/funds.asp you can keep them in US$ or any other recognizable currency.

Oct 8, 2016
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
LANDED..........
october ,2016
you need to maintain these funds and show at port of entry these funds as well.
There are threads on this topic in detail in this forum (I think under Provincial nomination immigration)