+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

How much gap is ok between jobs for Continuous Work Experience for FSW Express Entry?

JJ1997

Aug 22, 2021
Guys, I worked with the company for one year, and I will be joining another company after a week or two or possibly three under the same NOC skills. My question is will this affect my continuous work experience or not? It may be a silly question, but still.

Naturgrl

VIP Member
Apr 5, 2020
Guys, I worked with the company for one year, and I will be joining another company after a week or two or possibly three under the same NOC skills. My question is will this affect my continuous work experience or not? It may be a silly question, but still.
If you worked with the first company for a year then what is the issue?

JJ1997

Aug 22, 2021
If you worked with the first company for a year then what is the issue?
I found a better job opportunity in the other company and the work visa may take up to three weeks to renew so my question is will this affect my continuous work experience even though it’s under the same NOC skill?

Naturgrl

VIP Member
Apr 5, 2020
I found a better job opportunity in the other company and the work visa may take up to three weeks to renew so my question is will this affect my continuous work experience even though it’s under the same NOC skill?
If you have one year continuous that is all you need. After that you can include other jobs and NOCs.

smash1984

Champion Member
Oct 7, 2018
As long as you are not unemployed during the time (For example ending job on Friday and starting the other on monday), i believe you should be ok.

smash1984

Champion Member
Oct 7, 2018
Sorry I forgot to mention that this is for the FSW draw. Is that fine still?
Sorry for late reply, do you mean if breaks are fine once you are in the CRS draw pool?

Then yes, it is fine then.

A break is not fine to see whether you are eligible to qualify for the FSW program.

AnthonyWong

Sep 3, 2021
If you have one year continuous that is all you need. After that you can include other jobs and NOCs.
Hi, thank you in advance
I have a full year of work experience and meet the eligibility for FSW. Now when it comes to CRS points, I have some jobs that are less than 1 year and have gaps between other jobs under the same NOC, I understand that these can all add up to 3 years of work experience under CRS even if some jobs are less than 1 year and have gaps, however, do these jobs need to happen after 1 full year of work experience? Say I have 9 months of job A before my 1 full year of job b, will job A still be counted towards CRS points?

nirupama1993

Jan 30, 2023
Help would be appreciate !!

Will my experience be considered as continuous employment for Express Entry.

Job 1 --> May 1, 2018 - Feb 28, 2018
Job 2 --> March 19, 2018 - Till Date

I have a gap of 2 weeks between Job 1 and Job 2. Will this count for 1 year of continuous work.

Thanks in advance
I also have same issue - Did u get the ITA

DY123456

Apr 30, 2024
No. You have to understand that you only need a year of continuous work experience, after achieving this even if you have gaps between jobs you can still add up all of this work experience to claim (in your case) 3 years of work experience.Your 5 day gap is irrelevant.

Whether you have exactly 3 years of work experience, 3.1, 3.5, etc, it is all the same, you'll be getting points for 3 years of work experience.
does the student work experience have to be in same type or NOC category?