+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

How many of us have a Job offer in Canada??

vjroB$

Star Member
Feb 2, 2015
Category........
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
22-02-2015
Doc's Request.
04-08-2015
AOR Received.
04-08-2015
Med's Done....
01-08-2015
Passport Req..
07-01-2016
Hi,

All these replies are damn scary and somehow meddle with my beautiful Canadian dream. Leaving a well paid job in India and coming there sounds very risky now. I am actually confused now that when I get my PR whether I should be delighted or all the more tensed about finding a new job there.

lotusEsp

Star Member
Feb 19, 2015
vjroB$ said:
Hi,

All these replies are damn scary and somehow meddle with my beautiful Canadian dream. Leaving a well paid job in India and coming there sounds very risky now. I am actually confused now that when I get my PR whether I should be delighted or all the more tensed about finding a new job there.
why have you applied in the first place then?

Asivad Anac

VIP Member
May 27, 2015
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
vjroB$ said:
Hi,

If moving to another country hasn't scared you yet, you haven't probably thought it through completely. Fear of the unknown is part of the human psyche and it is a good survival mechanism as well because, by and large, it keeps you safe and alive. It is important to acknowledge that this fear of the unknown is part of our evolutionary heritage and can be consciously transformed into a positive force as well. This fear of the unknown should motivate you to gather as much information about Canada as possible so that gradually the unknown component reduces and you start feeling increasingly more comfortable with this decision at a subconscious level. It is a bit like starting a relationship - 'mindless' romance eventually gives way to pragmatic companionship.

After that psycho-babble, here are some hard facts. Transplantation is never easy. Be optimistic but prepare for the worst (including going back to your home country). Do not burn bridges at home, avoid selling everything in a bid to move to Canada, have a base at your home country as well. Give yourself a clearly defined window to succeed in Canada and assign a budget to that as well. Be extremely prudent with your finances in the early days and do not succumb to the temptation of short-term benefits (a store clerk job starting tomorrow, for instance) against 6 months of searching, networking, interviewing, being rejected, feeling suicidal, battling depression and managing family expectations while holding out for that respectable job to come your way. Start building your awareness about the Canadian economy, culture, socioeconomic patterns, provinces, industry sectors, tax structures etc to better integrate into a new society. Above all, stop letting others bad experiences scare you. Everyone's life is different - it is important to take lessons from their examples but more important to not absorb either someone's overpowering optimism or their nauseating negativity, as the case might be.

All the best!

vjroB$

Star Member
Feb 2, 2015
Category........
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
22-02-2015
Doc's Request.
04-08-2015
AOR Received.
04-08-2015
Med's Done....
01-08-2015
Passport Req..
07-01-2016
Asivad Anac said:
If moving to another country hasn't scared you yet, you haven't probably thought it through completely. Fear of the unknown is part of the human psyche and it is a good survival mechanism as well because, by and large, it keeps you safe and alive. It is important to acknowledge that this fear of the unknown is part of our evolutionary heritage and can be consciously transformed into a positive force as well. This fear of the unknown should motivate you to gather as much information about Canada as possible so that gradually the unknown component reduces and you start feeling increasingly more comfortable with this decision at a subconscious level. It is a bit like starting a relationship - 'mindless' romance eventually gives way to pragmatic companionship.

After that psycho-babble, here are some hard facts. Transplantation is never easy. Be optimistic but prepare for the worst (including going back to your home country). Do not burn bridges at home, avoid selling everything in a bid to move to Canada, have a base at your home country as well. Give yourself a clearly defined window to succeed in Canada and assign a budget to that as well. Be extremely prudent with your finances in the early days and do not succumb to the temptation of short-term benefits (a store clerk job starting tomorrow, for instance) against 6 months of searching, networking, interviewing, being rejected, feeling suicidal, battling depression and managing family expectations while holding out for that respectable job to come your way. Start building your awareness about the Canadian economy, culture, socioeconomic patterns, provinces, industry sectors, tax structures etc to better integrate into a new society. Above all, stop letting others bad experiences scare you. Everyone's life is different - it is important to take lessons from their examples but more important to not absorb either someone's overpowering optimism or their nauseating negativity, as the case might be.

All the best!
Thanks Champ!! As always, the best response. Such kind of response is always welcomed and appreciated especially by the newbies like me who are desperate to see the light of certainty beyond the dark clouds of unpredictability.

c.james

Jul 29, 2015
Nicely said Asivad...

It's has not been any easy since my landing in Canada way back in 2011. Everyday I learn something new in Canada, greatest experience help will me at your doors when you expect least. Staying away from complainers and people looped in negativity is great relief. Getting Canada visa is start of real life :D when you land in Canada it's start of unending battle which will result into continuous victories.

Hansdza

Mar 7, 2013
Canada
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
I graduated from a Canadian university with Master's degree and lucky enough to get a job in my field after a few months of graduation. I had a good job back there in my home country but yet I decided to come here and pursue my dream.

After 3 years living here, I am still thinking why am I doing all of these things? Spent lots of money, lots of effort to finish school, lots of energy to find job, lots of winter cold and so on. for Things that I actually already have 3 years ago.

I dunno why but I keep doing this and now going through this hell immigration process, lots of anxiety, fear of rejection, worries, uncertainty and so on. Not to mention the worsening Canadian economy due to lower oil price and slimmer chance of getting professional employment. Even if you get one, there's still fear that you might lose your job someday down the road for whatever reasons

Asivad is right, do not burn your bridges to home, when I see what I have done so far again, I start thinking that I might be like a rabbit looking for a greener grass on other field where I actually already had the exactly same type grass but in different field.

I dunno man,

lotusEsp

Star Member
Feb 19, 2015
Hansdza said:
....Even if you get one, there's still fear that you might lose your job someday down the road for whatever reasons
is there a country where that isnt the case?

it's not the 1950's anymore